ROKSLIDERS are simply... THE BEST! "NORTHERNPIKER"

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll start this out by saying I pretty much dislike people as a whole. Lots of personal reasons but it just seems more and more, humanity is out of control and society is going down the wrong turn in the road.
That being said, every once in awhile, there is a small glimmer of hope and I get slapped in the face with goodness.

2 years ago, we had a horrible winter kill in Idaho and we are still suffering from it. I had been keeping track of a small herd of local elk and hadn't seen them in awhile; to make a long story short, I spotted them on a hillside and they were all dead from the winter. Just lying there, dead from starvation......it was sickening. There were several bulls in the bunch and my initial thought was "cool, I'll go get the antlers and ivories."
Well, I couldn't do it. It felt wrong, cheap, invasive, just not right. I put the story out on Rokslide and got numerous suggestions on what to do and I ultimately settled on gathering the antlers and ivories and giving them to others.
I sent a set of ivories to rokslide member Northernpiker as he wanted them for his own reasons and he was very gracious.

Fast forward to last week and I put out a feeler on the slide that I was looking for a left hand tikka t3x factory stock. I was looking to buy one and got several responses. Terry, aka "Northernpiker" said he had a new one he wasn't using and sent it to me, no questions asked......won't take payment. I received it today and it's exactly what I was looking for.
Damn, there still are some good, decent people out there.
I've seen other examples of this on Rokslide and all I can really say is you all Rok. The best of the best.

Thanks Northernpiker.

Randy

He is a great guy. Sent my nephew some free clothing for his first hunt out west. I was looking for a cheap trail cam. He sent me one for free.

Thanks for sharing this story Randy, and way to go Northernpiker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
There really a lot of good people in the world and some truly special ones too. To all the GREAT people 🍻

338edge

Lil-Rokslider
I've had several high end optics deals with Northernpiker. On one of them he sent a bino harness with a pair of Swarovski 15x HD's I bought from him. Great guy. Thanks again Terry.

Corey