*PLEASE READ* Go Fund Me for BRWNBR

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you've been around the forum for more than a few minutes and read much in the way of hunting Alaska, you've likely noticed BRWNBR's posts. He's a guide here in Alaska who has had several clients from this site and he's always willing to offer advice, information and even just plain humor (like the KUIU Gator thread).

Well it sucks to write this but he just lost his wife and will be raising their six kids alone. There is never a good time to lose your wife but just days before Thanksgiving and with Christmas just around the corner, I cannot fathom what they're going through.

If you're compelled to offer support, please do. Jake is as good a guy as you'll ever find.

This is a tribute he wrote to his wife on the Alaska Outdoors Forum:

A tribute to BRWNBR’s wife.....

Here is a link to a Go Fund Me that was setup for the family:

Fundraiser for Jake Jefferson by Andrew Gray : Support Jake Jefferson (BRWNBR)

MusWMeu.jpg

Last edited:

Rick M.

WKR
I could not imagine going through this. His tribute was beautiful and he seems to be handling it as gracefully as one could hope to. I don't have much, but donated what I could. He and his family will be in my thoughts.

Btaylor

WKR
Such an encouraging tribute under such terrible circumstances. May God continue to strengthen your faith and comfort you and your family with an abundant outpouring of His peace.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
So sorry to hear this. Let God provide the courage and strength for Jake and his family to move through this sad time, and remind them of the happy times they spent together.

That is terrible to hear. Me and mine will be lifting his family up in prayer.

Would it be possible to organize some sort of fundraiser sale of gear with the proceeds going to Jake and his family? I don't have much in the forms of cash and the gear I have is certainly not new, but it might be worth more if they know the money is going to a good cause.

nrh6.7

WKR
Very unfortunate to ever lose a spouse, but at such a young age is heartbreaking. However, the fact they are Christ followers allows him to know she is in a better place than here, and will give him strength to push through the sorrow.

Trial153

WKR
That is terrible to hear. Me and mine will be lifting his family up in prayer.

Would it be possible to organize some sort of fundraiser sale of gear with the proceeds going to Jake and his family? I don't have much in the forms of cash and the gear I have is certainly not new, but it might be worth more if they know the money is going to a good cause.
A go fund me page has been set up. Its in the OPs post as a link.

I am sure every little bit will help at this time.
I cant imagine him being stuck out in the bush while knowing this was happening. That feeling of not being able to help to be there had to be terrible. My heart breaks for him.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love your family and enjoy their company not just during the holidays but everyday, you never know. Jake posted this last night on AOD, such a profound statement:

First off thank you everyone for your prayers donations texts offers to help sympathy notes and phone calls. This has been a wild ride, not a fun one. The family is doing ok, we will get thru this. I believe God has a plan for our lives and His plan for Amber was completed and she is now home with our Lord and savior that she loved so much.
There is no prep for this, a million thoughts of what I would have said or done, fights I regret, jokes I shouldn’t have said, moments I didn’t listen, every moment is a new feeling and emotion. I’m staring down a long dark road with many curves and questions. Is the guide business done, what can I do for work with six kids, where do they go to school, how do I grocery shop, what bills do I need to pay, what’s the password to the lap top, who have I forgot to notify, how does a man raise a 17 month old, 4 year old and 10 year old girls in ladies, when do I start throwing away my wife’s toothbrush, when does the body start to say good bye, when does this seem real? But we will make it, we are feeling the prayers and love from so many supporters. Thank you everyone for the encouragement.
We still don’t have a cause of death, once we know I will share it here. We do know it was quick.

Broomd

WKR
Absolutely beyond words. So very sorry to read this.
I was young when I lost my first wife as well before the holidays, the pain goes deep, especially with kids.

Planning to reach out to him.

JWP58

WKR
Love your family and enjoy their company not just during the holidays but everyday, you never know. Jake posted this last night on AOD, such a profound statement:

First off thank you everyone for your prayers donations texts offers to help sympathy notes and phone calls. This has been a wild ride, not a fun one. The family is doing ok, we will get thru this. I believe God has a plan for our lives and His plan for Amber was completed and she is now home with our Lord and savior that she loved so much.
There is no prep for this, a million thoughts of what I would have said or done, fights I regret, jokes I shouldn’t have said, moments I didn’t listen, every moment is a new feeling and emotion. I’m staring down a long dark road with many curves and questions. Is the guide business done, what can I do for work with six kids, where do they go to school, how do I grocery shop, what bills do I need to pay, what’s the password to the lap top, who have I forgot to notify, how does a man raise a 17 month old, 4 year old and 10 year old girls in ladies, when do I start throwing away my wife’s toothbrush, when does the body start to say good bye, when does this seem real? But we will make it, we are feeling the prayers and love from so many supporters. Thank you everyone for the encouragement.
We still don’t have a cause of death, once we know I will share it here. We do know it was quick.

Extremely heavy stuff. Terrible situation, especially for those children. No child should lose a parent so early in life. Terrible

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member

The one started by Andrew Gray is the one I used. I know Andrew and know the fund is legitimate. I'm not saying the other fund isn't, I just don't know Lawrence Kolek personally.

The fund started by Andrew has also gotten the most traction.

jmden

WKR
Ugh...

BRWNBR's post regarding his late wife was wonderful. Simply a beautiful woman and a simply beautiful attitude of BRWNBR. May God comfort he and his family in their affliction. Prayers and help headed your way, BRWNBR...