Have we talked about female hunter under fire for posing with a kill with a, um, toy?

Speechless and disgusted!! I was on a hunt on the Quinlan Ranch in Chama in 2011, and she was there with a film crew. She ended up killing a nice Bull, and showed her hunt on her program, Larysa Unleashed. She seemed normal then- don't know what happened.

Rackmastr

WKR
This is the type of stuff we are up against trying to promote 'hunting' to the public. Two steps forward sometimes and about 18 steps backwards. We wonder why we are losing ground at a ridiculous pace.

EW. Seriously. How desperate for attention do you need to be to post a photo like that? And now I can’t even look at the emoji the same way

Hahahahaha thanks for that. Separate but similar note- I don’t use the emojis ever except for the dick flyer 💪 one. For any it’s always sunny in Philadelphia fans who remember the “dick flyer”

All you masoginists cramping her style are just trying to support your glass ceiling for fear she might break it.

No I’m kidding. As an ambassador for the sport she’s no Steve Rinella.

Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
Not the smartest thing to do. I'm more bothered by the levels of artificial outrage I see over issues like this. If people put half as much effort into solving actual problems as they do into being offended, the world would be so much better off.

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
Not the smartest thing to do. I'm more bothered by the levels of artificial outrage I see over issues like this. If people put half as much effort into solving actual problems as they do into being offended, the world would be so much better off.

Solving issues actually involves doing something and doing stuff is hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkduds

WKR
EW. Seriously. How desperate for attention do you need to be to post a photo like that? And now I can’t even look at the emoji the same way

Silver lining, if this hastens the past-due demise of the fist bump. Because "its sticky."

It appears I misinterpreted the female character in Dances w Wolves, her name was Stands W A Fist.

I don't think the outrage is "artificial," I'm outraged. You want to convince me it's artificial? Who should be outraged are the rest of us who want to keep the right to hunt. Hunting regulations, indirectly, are political, whether you like it or not. She made comments indicating that she is going to do what she wants and people that don't like it cannot do anything about it. Wrong, Einstein. Another female hunter in the group quit and left in the middle of this cluster, making a comment that the animal was not treated with respect. We're left to imagine what lack of respect was going on. Hunters can make a good argument for hunting if they stick to fairness, hunting for the table, non-trophy, and respect for animals.This sick stuff is the last thing we need.

JWP58

WKR
I don't think the outrage is "artificial," I'm outraged. You want to convince me it's artificial? Who should be outraged are the rest of us who want to keep the right to hunt. Hunting regulations, indirectly, are political, whether you like it or not..

Ya just look at Grizzlies. Yvon chouinard spoke, and the season was nixed....bha was happy. It's all politics....

There was a page on instagram called make hunting great again and there was plenty of this type of garbage on there. I do not get what is going with these so called huntresses or hunters that claim to be professional and yet post garbage like this for some fame and likes.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

It's this type of trash the makes hunting and hunters look bad and is in poor taste.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This type of thing sucks on a lot of levels. It's bad for hunters, degrading for women, and says something about our society.

A small amount of people are pro hunting, a small amount of people are against hunting, and most people don't care at all until they see things like this and become anti's.

ljalberta

WKR
It's this type of trash the makes hunting and hunters look bad and is in poor taste.

Yes, I realize all this. I realize there are political ramifications, and I realize incidents such as this are detrimental to hunters as a whole. However, there's always gonna be a few bad eggs in every sport/activity/community and there's always gonna be a few people who make some really really poor decisions. You can never fully prevent someone from popping up in the news with some story regarding hunting that paints it in a poor light - especially considering many peoples opposition to it. I'm saying what bothers me the most is the reaction to it.

Exibition A = Cecil the Lion. The news and media reports a lion named Cecil was killed and all of a sudden thousands upon thousands of people who would never donate even a fraction of the amount hunters do to wildlife conservation are 'outraged' by the incident. Never mind the fact they have no problem chowing down on a hamburger or some chicken wings that very evening. But someone on the new told them a lion, that they never knew even existed or had a name ,was shot and it is 'outrageous'. One week later, we're on to being outraged by the next thing that's popular! So yes, I would suggest that much of the outrage we see these days is highly artifical.

I also think hunters, including myself, can be caught up in the 'outrage' as well albeit often in differing ways.

Many of us have made very poor or distasteful decisions in our past. It seems nowadays one mistake can be immortalized on the internet and social media and create completely disproportional responses to the incident. I guess I just think there could be a little more grace to go around these days (including from myself).

Just my $.02.

jmez

WKR
This is more than a mistake or poor decision. Yes we all make mistakes and have done stupid things.

There are also lines you don't cross, this crosses them. It's disgusting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
Does anyone know how that photo became public? Every media report seems to mention her own posts of her other photos with harvested animals (typical of any photo posted on here), but then simply mention this photo was 'taken' and not 'posted'.

A couple more quick points. This article gently misconstrues/misleads things in a way.

1) The shirts she is selling are in response to the criticism she received regarding earlier hunting photos of her smiling with her harvests - not this photo. Typical of the harvest photos we see on here.
2) Her tweet about not apologizing was also in response the the criticism of her perfectly acceptable harvest photos - not this photo. Good for her, and I bet 99% of people on here would agree with the statements.
3) Again, maybe it was posted in IG Live or in some other public form, however no article states this information, which may mean this photo was a private photo that became public. That would make the allegation of the original thread starter that she posted this in Instagram incorrect. For many that probably would not make a difference. I personally see an issue with normalizing the publication of damaging private photographs and information of other people.

Last edited:
2 things my dad always told me when posing with animals you shot.... don’t sit on it and don’t hold a bloody dildo. At least she got one right

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Frankly I don’t care that she poses with a bloody fist dildo 🤜🏻 Does it offend me, not at all, not my thing and I just don’t care. It certainly makes me question what kind of Daddy issues she has to do something like this. I don’t care how old they are, if my daughters pulled this, I would beat their ass.

What amazes me more than the picture is that people like this could ever get fame/recognition/sponsors. I’m not going to spend any time trying to calculate how many followers or likes were bought and paid for but how can marketing reps think that these types of instahoes will sell a single hat, let alone an expensive product. It blows my mind even further to see people I would consider upstanding individuals following this trash and even clicking the like button.

I’m not trying to shine anyone on for two seconds but it’s crazy that someone like Jordan Budd doesn’t have her level of recognition. She hunts, ACTUALLY HUNTS and harder than 99% of guys near as I can tell. Tanya, Becca Moffat, other good examples of girls who actually hunt. Type of women you don’t mind your daughters looking up to as hunters.

It’s gotten to the point where I am borderline offended when someone refers to my girls as a huntress. Not sure if that makes me a snowflake ❄️?