Have we talked about female hunter under fire for posing with a kill with a, um, toy?

Yes, I realize all this. I realize there are political ramifications, and I realize incidents such as this are detrimental to hunters as a whole. However, there's always gonna be a few bad eggs in every sport/activity/community and there's always gonna be a few people who make some really really poor decisions. You can never fully prevent someone from popping up in the news with some story regarding hunting that paints it in a poor light - especially considering many peoples opposition to it. I'm saying what bothers me the most is the reaction to it.

Exibition A = Cecil the Lion. The news and media reports a lion named Cecil was killed and all of a sudden thousands upon thousands of people who would never donate even a fraction of the amount hunters do to wildlife conservation are 'outraged' by the incident. Never mind the fact they have no problem chowing down on a hamburger or some chicken wings that very evening. But someone on the new told them a lion, that they never knew even existed or had a name ,was shot and it is 'outrageous'. One week later, we're on to being outraged by the next thing that's popular! So yes, I would suggest that much of the outrage we see these days is highly artifical.

I also think hunters, including myself, can be caught up in the 'outrage' as well albeit often in differing ways.

Many of us have made very poor or distasteful decisions in our past. It seems nowadays one mistake can be immortalized on the internet and social media and create completely disproportional responses to the incident. I guess I just think there could be a little more grace to go around these days (including from myself).

Just my $.02.
You realize it but fail to see the stupidity in it and you are more focused on the reaction to her stupidity than the act it's self. I would not compare cecil to this sorry excuse for a hunter and furthermore social media has turned alot people into fame hungry idiots who really never killed anything outside of social media,it's all for likes,fame and sponsors. Think about this companies now look at the social media following of these clowns rather than how great a outdoorsman they are. If you're upset over the reaction than you have your head in the wrong place.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

ncstewart

WKR
People she isn’t a hunter. Period. In the land of Twitterface maybe she is somebody but that’s about it.
Kinda sad really that some people even think that hunting.
For real tho what the freak is that animal?
Also is that a pen fence behind her?
Bet she couldn’t have done it with out ozonicz and camo face paint with her gillie and suppresser. Lol. I can’t even take this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
As a dedicated hunter, and someone who is always trying to "win over' hunting to my many neighbors and co-workers in my yuppie suburban environment, all of whom partake of social media, this type of stuff is just flat out embarrassing. To me, i think the people that should be the MOST vocal, the MOST outraged, are folks like the ones that frequent this forum. We should be the LAST people that gloss this kind of thing over or make excuses for why she might have done it, etc.
As someone stated earlier.... There is a tiny minority of Americans that are truly PRO hunting. Then there is a tiny (but vocal) minority of Americans that are truly ANTI hunting. Then, there is the vast majority of Americans who aren't for or against it really, and who never give it a thought. When they meet their neighbor, who seems like them, who they enjoy hanging out with, then go to that neighbors BBQ and taste grilled elk, or have venison burgers, they start to get it, they start to understand what we are doing. HOWEVER, if they open Facebook or Twitter or Instagram and see shit like this, their perception swings the other way. Negative perceptions are hard to sway. We as hunters need to be more outraged at shit like this. Email sponsors that back this kind of bullshit, let them know you do not support it. Support the shows and voices that truly are good for what we do. People like Steve Rinella, Randy Newburg, Remi Warren, Joe Rogan. Those guys have made more headway in creating positive perceptions of hunters than probably the entire history of the outdoor channel and mainstream hunting TV. We need to collectively back the folks that create the positive perception, and shun those that do not!

FlyGuy

WKR
Dennis Rodman. That's who I thought of when I read this. I don't know her from Adam. I'd never even heard of this girl prior to the article over the "outrage" from her recent trip abroad, but clearly she is trying to use those 15min to catapult her career. Smart, I guess. The t shirts were fine. I was in her corner a week ago. But this is on a whole different level. Breaking social norms and making people uncomfortable is a strategic publicity stunt. Maybe it's a dumb strategy, but it worked well for Rodman. I never liked him either but his outragous antics successfully kept him constantly in the spotlight long before the days of social media.

To me, it looks like she attempting to do the same thing. It's not about hunting, it's about her. Stay in the spotlight by any means possible. The photo is highly disturbing, but that's the point, right? We wouldn't be talking about her again if there wasn't a bloody dildo in the photo. But here we are. The top hunting site on the planet and now we all know who she is.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
]but clearly she is trying to use those 15min to catapult her career.... is a strategic publicity stunt.

... It's not about hunting, it's about her. Stay in the spotlight by any means possible. The photo is highly disturbing, but that's the point, right? We wouldn't be talking about her again if there wasn't a bloody dildo in the photo. But here we are. The top hunting site on the planet and now we all know who she is.

Isn't this all only true if she intended that photo to become public. Not if it was a private photograph that was leaked. A fact that is currently unclear.

You realize it but fail to see the stupidity in it and you are more focused on the reaction to her stupidity than the act it's self... Think about this companies now look at the social media following of these clowns rather than how great a outdoorsman they are. If you're upset over the reaction than you have your head in the wrong place.

I do see the stupidity in it.

And yes, regarding sponsorship, companies have always been concerned about exposure and marketing over individual skills. Why would they sponsor a great, fantastic hunter whose exposure includes maybe 100 friends and family as opposed to someone who is exposing their products to tens of thousands of individuals? This is the way it has always been, and social media hasn't changed it - only exacerbated it.

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
I’m going to guess that photo wasn’t meant to become public. Most likely it was an inside joke or meaning. Best policy is to never take a picture you wouldn’t post publicly. Either that or she’s batshit crazy !

slick

WKR
Wait BHA was cool with the grizz season being slapped down?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. But, Yvon Chouinard-Patagonia (the clothing company’s founder) was a keynote speaker for them and was also prolific is spreading the message to stop the hunt. Kind of ironic.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Huntress is a BS made up word anyway. You are either a hunter or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’m going to guess that photo wasn’t meant to become public. Most likely it was an inside joke or meaning. Best policy is to never take a picture you wouldn’t post publicly. Either that or she’s batshit crazy !

Public or not, just posing for a photo like that shows she has no respect or reverence for the animal or what she’s doing. It’s disgusting that people like this end up being spokespeople to the non hunting public because of their narcissism and lust for likes and fame....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, regarding sponsorship, companies have always been concerned about exposure and marketing over individual skills. Why would they sponsor a great, fantastic hunter whose exposure includes maybe 100 friends and family as opposed to someone who is exposing their products to tens of thousands of individuals? This is the way it has always been, and social media hasn't changed it - only exacerbated it.

I would think you are offf base just a little bit here,social media has not always been around and before these social media platform's there was magazines and you had to be pretty good to catch a spot in one of those. It was not based on likes and a social media following it was actually based on hunting and being a outdoorsman,they were not promoting some teeth whiting products,taking stupid photo's with there harvest and certainly were not trying to be famous cause it's the cool thing to do. They were true outdoorsman who had psssion and it was a tradition,a way of life not cause it's cool for social media. There is a loss of morals,values,tradition and respect amongst these social media so called hunters,huntresses cause that's what there really not.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

K

Kootenay Hunter

wtf is that

just after we finished defending her for posing with a good photo on a legal Scottish hunt, then this comes up.

w t f goes on in these people's minds?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
just posing for a photo like that shows she has no respect or reverence for the animal or what she’s doing.

Looking at that photo, I'm not even sure what she's doing. I don't even know where the animal fits into a picture like that. It's messed up in so many ways, I can't figure out what's going on.