what to do in Bozeman

Going to Bozeman next week (first week of Dec) to visit my wifes family. I've been once before but didn't get much chance to get out and do anything. Going to be there the whole week and will be staying in an air b n b right downtown. Id like to do some fishing if not frozen yet. Looks like its going to get pretty cold, down to single digits. Just wondering what else to check out while there. Open to any recommendations. My 19 month old daughter is obsessed with Elk so if the is a place in the area with a herd near by that would be cool. Dont really have many plans, just going to fart around.

thanks
Eric

BluMtn

WKR
If you are downtown you can visit Schnees, and Mystery Ranch headquarters is just out side Bozeman.

Axlrod

WKR
Usually a herd of Bulls north of Big Sky just as you enter YNP this time of year or up the Paradise valley and into Gardiner while you are up that way you could stop at Chico Hot springs for a soak.
My 5 year old loves the Museum of the Rockies in BZN

been a long time but i used to fish the madison through bear trap canyon all year long. then there are the pay to play spring creeks. i remember those were expensive 20 years ago. cannot imagine what they cost now. but damn they are fun.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
EAT.

- Pickle Barrel sandwiches
- LaParilla Burritos
- McKenzie River Pizza
- John Bozeman's Bistro
- Willow Creek Cafe (30 miles west, near Three Forks)
- Many breweries
- Lots of higher-end places, too.

Museum of the Rockies is top notch.

Axlrod is spot on for elk.

TheTone

WKR
If you're into sushi give Dave's Sushi a try. As others have said schnees downtown, stone glacier, mystery ranch and Museum of the Rockies

slick

WKR
Last time I went to MR they didn’t have a showroom. Tried to go check out one of the Popups and they whisked me away to Schnees.

I’ll 2nd Dave’s Sushi. Great lil spot.

Clarktar

WKR
I like The Hideaway, Ale Works and Seven sushi.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
E
Im surprised by the sushi recommendations. Does fresh sea food make it into the interior? lol Im from CA and I love sushi but good sushi is hard to find, even here.

OP
E
Just found out Ill get to tag along with my wife's uncle on a hunt in Helena. Not sure what hes hunting yet but that sure beats a trip to the mall lol.

OP
E
We will also be spending a couple days in Helena. Looking for ideas for my wife and young daughter. Basically fun stuff for the kid in Helena.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Depends on what you want for your kid, but we push ours into museums, history, architecture, etc so we like

- Montana history museum
- Old downtown in Last Chance Gulch
- lots of neat old houses
- State capital

Everything is a learning opportunity. Have fun.

92xj

WKR
Sitka is also there
They have no store, only the headquarters.
Google will tell you the address. The front door is locked but if you walk up to it, try to open it (it is locked), knock and look like a fool. The gal up front will open it and chat. Play dumb and be super polite, she might just give you a little tour, take you into the phone customer service area where you can try on things, show you the meeting rooms, potentially see important people in the industry, shake their hands and walk out realizing you will buy their expensive clothes because they treat you like a person, they will act like they care, ask about your hunts and your family. An amazing experience and one I am sure they don't really want advertised, but it was awesome for me.

Carl

FNG
Stay away from Helena, please! JK. Lots to do in helena too. Montana state museum. Exploration Works, carousel, walking mall, and lots of other history stuff downtown. Hike mt Helena, go eat a burger at the York Bar, Lewis and Clark Brewery, to namea few

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk