Outlaw Romaine lettuce!

Beendare

WKR
Interesting to note that we are going through a period of time where more folks died from Salad than AR15's.

The politicians seem to be ignoring that fact....I say if they are going to outlaw 'Black' guns....they should outlaw the bigger culprits like Cars and Romaine lettuce.

[Admittedly, my commentary was written with a sarcastic tone]

Interesting update on the whole lettuce outbreak;
The FDA and state and local regulatory officials traced the romaine lettuce to many farms in the Yuma growing region. The FDA, along with CDC and state partners, started an environmental assessment in the Yuma growing region and collected samples of water, soil, and manure. CDC laboratory testing identified the outbreak strain of E. coli O157:H7 in water samples taken from a canal in the Yuma growing region. WGS showed that the E. coli O157:H7 found in the canal water is closely related genetically to the E. coli O157:H7 from ill people. Laboratory testing for other environmental samples is continuing. FDA is continuing to investigate to learn more about how the E. coli bacteria could have entered the water and ways this water could have contaminated romaine lettuce in the region.

According to the FDA, the last shipments of romaine lettuce from the Yuma growing region were harvested on April 16, 2018, and the harvest season there has ended. Contaminated lettuce that made people sick in this outbreak should no longer be available.

CDC Link here;
Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 Infections Linked to Romaine Lettuce (Final Update) | Investigation Notice: Multistate Outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 Infections April 2018 | E. coli | CDC

EastMT

WKR
The worst part is E. Coli 0157:H7 is only sourced from animal feces, mostly cattle, but deer species can pick it up too. How in the world was this introduced? Using bad fertilizer that wasn’t properly prepared, or animals in the field?

I always tell my wife at the restaurant the safest things you can order is anything deep fried, 350 kills everything........except CWD and mad cow disease lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Between the e-coli, salmonella, and listeria outbreaks we've had over the years from fruit and vegetables......I'm pretty glad that I'm a meat and potatoes guy.