Typical/preferred system for classifieds?

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all. I was wondering what everyone prefers for payment methods in the classified section. I have been away from hunting for a while to focus on my business but have started to ramp up some now as I have a little more time. In doing so i have been through trial and error putting together the equipment that best suits me. As a result I have a number of things(tripod, optics, gun, pack....) that i tried and would like to sell but want to make sure I make the transactions easy and quick for anyone interested. So mainly I am asking is Paypal the way to go? Or is there another option that is better? Sorry if this is the wrong area for the question I just didn't want to post something and then be a pain to everybody. The last stuff I purchased used a MO and I assume things are easier handled with Paypal

Thanks

PayPal is not the way to pay for a gun. They do not allow it from what I understand. Someone else may be able to confirm.

PayPal is not the way to pay for a gun. They do not allow it from what I understand. Someone else may be able to confirm.

They probably won't protect the transaction if there's fraud like they will with other items, but there's no way they can stop you from paying someone for a gun with it..they wouldn't ever have to know its for a gun.

Whether they know what the money is for or not isn’t really the issue. It’s losing your money if something happens as they won’t protect the transaction. That is my understanding. I don’t know how people go about paying for guns on forums that protects them from fraud.

Unfortunately PayPal strictly forbids using it for firearms or ammo. They are definitely the safest and easiest way to sell or buy stuff online and both buyer and seller be protected though. The only way I’d deal any way other than PayPal is if it’s someone I’ve already had good dealings with in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
It is one of the few choices on Gunbroker when you select method of payment. People buy and sell guns through PayPal every day. Just use your noggin and don't write anything in the notes section

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
COwineguy

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
Great. Thanks for the info. I will probably either just keep the gun or try to sell it local. Time to start posting I suppose

- - - Updated - - -

Is it better to post everything in on post or individual posts for each item ie. I have a pair of SLCs , 2 VTX Razor spotters, range finder, and a Promaster tripod to sell. Should i just make one post in the optics section for all? Or is that too confusing to tell who as purchased what?

Thanks

jbwright

WKR
Guys - obviously there have been a lot of threads out there about the tax implications of payment methods, but curious if anyone could fill me in on Venmo. I did some brief research trying to figure out risks of using Venmo compared to PayPal if I'm the seller. I had a potential buyer reach out and said he'd pay via Venmo. Obvi PP G/S is preferred (and is how I've done about 90% of my transactions, the rest being PP F/F for those RS members with a lot of street cred). Could use some help if Venmo would be a payment option for a seller. If I'm not mistaken, the risk would be on the buyer, not that I'm going to screw someone, but not sure how that works. TIA for any insight.