Great CS from Arc’teryx

TheCougar

WKR
Give credit where credit is due... I was doing my annual Nikwax cleaning and waterproofing of my rain gear, which consists of a FL set and a set of Arcteryx Theta and Beta rain gear. In the wash, the draw cords of the jacket and the pants (snow cuffs) became tangled and ripped out of the garments, completely ruining the seam and seam tape. I contacted arcteryx, and wasn’t expecting much because these were bought 9 years ago. I paid shipping, waited about 4 weeks and got an email that they would fix it no charge. Wait another 4 weeks and boom, they showed up on my doorstep, good as new. Good gear is expensive and lots of companies have good gear, but the best companies go above and beyond to make sure your gear is an investment that lasts. I’ve had similar experiences with Swarovski and Osprey as well. Those companies have earned my business for life. When I was young, I bought disposable cheap gear, but now I realize the value of good gear from great companies. It hurts to pay up front, but the returns happen at least 9 years down the road for Arcteryx!

Brendan

WKR
I've had a similar experience.

Had one of their ultra-lightweight jackets fail a couple times, replaced it every time and eventually credited me full retail price towards one of their much heavier duty shells.

They've also been around and making bomber outdoor and mountaineering gear longer than any of the hunting-specific brands.