Ethical Deer head dilemma? Need help

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Robby nailed it. He doesnt care about those mounts. And there is no sentimental value associated with them for him. He could have got them on Craigslist or on a trade and attached a big fish story to them. I think if they were important to him he would never have let anyone else possess them. Its not your job to store other peoples crap. Sounds like you were real generous about giving a person plenty of time to retrieve their property.

As for 250$, contacting an attorney or trying small claims court for something that happened years ago and is over 250$ seems unralistic. Especially if there is no invoice and no way to prove an agreed upon advertisement was never placed. And filing it as abandoned or lost property with the PD seems out of the question. It wasnt just found abandoned on your property or on the sidewalk some place, you know where it came from.

20 years ago I bought a rifle off a guy who was having tough times, life was in a spiral. I figured it was worth 400$ he sold it to me for 200$. Maybe 4 years later he asks if I still have it he would like to get it back it was his first rifle ever. I said ok sure how about $300? Says ok yes yes thank you. I saw that guy several times over the next 3 years and he always brought it up but he never showed any money never stopped by with even a deposit. So I sold it.

davidsapp

Lil-Rokslider
You could consider donating it to the local wildlife resources office/game commission if they are interested.

OFFHNTN

WKR
I agree with others, he doesn't care about the mounts, but in today's world I can see him coming back after you get rid of them and suing you for a ridiculous amount of money. And winning.

wyosteve

WKR
I know it's good money after bad, but I'd suggest consulting an attorney in your area. You may be considered a 'bailee' and have some obligation to protect them until you take legal steps to dispose of them.

OP
aclawrence
Good option.

Send him a text or email giving him a final notice, wait 30 days for a response, then get rid of 'em

I would have done this a long time ago if I had any of his info. I’ve done some google and Facebook searches but that’s about the extent of my detective work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk