Hitch mounted d-ring shackle

JonS

WKR
I've got a 4 runner and going to get a hitch mounted d-ring shackle and debating on something like this? What weight capacity should I get? I see some for $20 on up to 50 or so. Curb weight of vehicle is 4675 and I'm sure I've got a few extra hundred in there when hunting or driving in the snow.
How much capacity should I get, if I'm stuck, I'd love to have it be enough and thinking 13k or so.
Please learn me what you can
Amazon.com: Driver Recovery 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver with 3/4" Bow/D-Ring Shackle - Heavy Duty 10,000 Pound (5 Ton) Towing Capacity - Black: Automotive

bruno59

WKR
I have a couple of these mine are the rhino and the vault they are 10,000 lbs and they work pretty good i have used them a few times with all my trucks chevy 2500HD,toyota Tacoma and a jeep wrangler they are pretty solid that one you have up there should work fine

If your stuck to the point you think one of those won't work, you have bigger problems.

It'll work just fine.

OP
JonS

JonS

WKR
I don't try to get stuck, sucks too much and not much fun. Thanks for the tips, like having something in case I need it rather than being screwed.
Happy Saturday all!

On a winch they say get 1.5 times the vehicle weight.
The only ones of those I dont like are the super cheap ones that are like 2 pieces of 1/4" steel welded on the end.
All the solid ones like that should be good to go