Zinke stepping down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
I'm interested to see who they will replace him with. My worst nightmare is Rob Bishop.

HookUp

WKR
He was enjoying his position a bit much. 15 ethics investigation in under two years 6 still active.

Shrek

WKR
He was enjoying his position a bit much. 15 ethics investigation in under two years 6 still active.
There were no real issues with his ethics. He was targeted for being part of the Trump administration. If he’d been part of the Obama administration there would never have been the first investigation. Unless and until the Obama deep state holdovers are run out of the government all political appointees will be harassed incessantly with frivolous investigations. Civil war is coming.

JWP58

WKR
Thank goodness, because like bha told us would happen he stole mucho public lands......eerrr....well he really wanted too.....

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
There were no real issues with his ethics. He was targeted for being part of the Trump administration. If he’d been part of the Obama administration there would never have been the first investigation. Unless and until the Obama deep state holdovers are run out of the government all political appointees will be harassed incessantly with frivolous investigations. Civil war is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bunch of the BHA members are tickled pink I'm sure. They hated him because we was a conservative that understood federal law concerning the land use legacy the BLM and National Forests were created for. I won't pretend to speak for the organization as a whole concerning their personal stance on him though. What I will say is with a guy like Zinke, the BHA could have really presented itself as the premiere group fighting for hunting and fishing access rights. They may have indeed worked with him in earnest. But, I doubt it highly as we'd sure heard of all the victories if so. Because, under Zinke we sporting men and women sure had them. At least we didn't have to worry about stupid rules concerning public land use. Like the lead ammo ban the USFWS director implemented the last day of Obama's presidency.

I don't know what laws he broke. Only what laws he was supposed to have tweaked to his own benefit. He seemed to be doing fine by me and all sportsmen. But, when special interest groups use politics to define their stance, things get ugly quickly. If he truly broke the law with intent then sobeit. If not, he has fell victim to the political woes segregating this country.

Trial153

WKR
A bunch of the BHA members are tickled pink I'm sure. They hated him because we was a conservative that understood federal law concerning the land use legacy the BLM and National Forests were created for. I won't pretend to speak for the organization as a whole concerning their personal stance on him though. What I will say is with a guy like Zinke, the BHA could have really presented itself as the premiere group fighting for hunting and fishing access rights. They may have indeed worked with him in earnest. But, I doubt it highly as we'd sure heard of all the victories if so. Because, under Zinke we sporting men and women sure had them. At least we didn't have to worry about stupid rules concerning public land use. Like the lead ammo ban the USFWS director implemented the last day of Obama's presidency.

I don't know what laws he broke. Only what laws he was supposed to have tweaked to his own benefit. He seemed to be doing fine by me and all sportsmen. But, when special interest groups use politics to define their stance, things get ugly quickly. If he truly broke the law with intent then sobeit. If not, he has fell victim to the political woes segregating this country.

Your entire rant is nothing but politics defining your stance then you close out by accusing others of doing the same thing? This is a little incoherent, even for you.
The truth or the matter is that he is steping down not because of BHA or any group for that matter. He is steping down because he knows that there is no way he survives an ethics investigation and hearing.

If you want people to stop being partisan hacks, or as you said " political woes segregating " each other. Why dont you start with yourself?

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
Your entire rant is nothing but politics defining your stance then you close out by accusing others of doing the same thing? This is a little incoherent, even for you.
The truth or the matter is that he is steping down not because of BHA or any group for that matter. He is steping down because he knows that there is no way he survives an ethics investigation and hearing.

If you want people to stop being partisan hacks, or as you said " political woes segregating " each other. Why dont you start with yourself?

Um, yeah, that is one of the silliest things I've ever heard. So your argument is that if someone opposes your politically inspired viewpoint then they are partisan hacks but you aren't? And you suggest that in order to not be called a hack we just need to agree with you...:p

Trial153

WKR
The only thing I can say about Zinke he was the best of the worst. Because there were alot worse names on the list that he came off of.
Careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
Zinke really screwed up with these violations especially the Hatch violations. I cant for the life of undertand why politicians think they can do whatever they want. Maybe on second thought I can undstand after all the country is full of partisan hacks who will defend anything politicans do as long as it's a politician from their party.
Our political dysfunction is looked at as an indictment of politicans, however the truth is it's an indictment on ourselves.

JWP58

WKR
The only thing I can say about Zinke he was the best of the worst. Because there were alot worse names on the list that he came off of.
Careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
Zinke really screwed up with these violations especially the Hatch violations. I cant for the life of undertand why politicians think they can do whatever they want. Maybe on second thought I can undstand after all the country is full of partisan hacks who will defend anything politicans do as long as it's a politician from their party.
Our political dysfunction is looked at as an indictment of politicans, however the truth is it's an indictment on ourselves.

You cant understand? Gee when prior politicians skate on actions like fast and furious, about 3k felonies, perjury, Solyndra, Benghazi (to name a few).....I cant imagine why politicians think they can get away with whatever they want.

Equal application of the law would be great. But certain groups can lie to the FBI, Congress, etc with immunity. Welcome to Amerika. Does anyone believe if the trump administration signed off on running guns to the Sinaloa cartel everyone involved wouldn't be indicted or impeached? I personally hope they would be...

Last edited:
If it was in the New York Times, it must be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious what parts of the article you find untrue and what evidence you have to dispute the article? I have not paid any attention to this before. The article seams to state the allegations and a response from Zinkes counsel.

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't say it wasn't true, just implying that I'm skeptical of articles written about accusations from unnamed sources and leaked information. Whether or not he is a "corrupt politician", should be decided after the investigation is complete. According to the correction at the very bottom of the article, it claims there have been at least nine other inquires regarding him that have been closed. Could be that these other 6 cases will be closed also, who knows. I guess we'll have to wait see see what the facts of the case are.

James, save that crap for your regional BHA pub night. My stance has nothing to do with politics. Only what I said. I don’t care the party preference of anyone as long as their outlook is not tainted by their political motives. Here was an appointee that made his commitment of hunting and fishing access premiere. Why anyone who claims the same is their priority was against him is beyond my comprehension.

I used the lead ban as an example of politics defining policy. That guys who disposed Zinke, never complained one second here when that was passed. It takes a political moron to suggest they care about hunting rights but, unwilling to piont that out. While these same people hated Zinke because he believed in responsible resource extraction. Just one example of my first post. Pointing out reality is just pointing it out.

You can label anything the way you want. It doesn’t make it that way.

Last edited:

TheTone

WKR
James, save that crap for your regional BHA pub night. My stance has nothing to do with politics. Only what I said. I don’t care the party preference of anyone as long as their outlook is not tainted by their political motives. Here was an appointee that made his commitment of hunting and fishing access premiere. Why anyone who claims the same is their priority was against him is beyond my comprehension.

I used the lead ban as an example of politics defining policy. That guys who disposed Zinke, never complained one second here when that was passed. It takes a political moron to suggest they care about hunting rights but, unwilling to piont that out. While these same people hated Zinke because he believed in responsible resource extraction. Just one example of my first post. Pointing out reality is just pointing it out.

You can label anything the way you want. It doesn’t make it that way.

Zinke seems to be leaving due to the ethics investigations, not because of any of his resource issues.

You love to rail against BHA, have you ever had an actual face to face conversation with any staff or any group interaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.