MO deer poacher order to watch Bambi monthly

JWP58

WKR
A full year in jail is more than most habitual dui offenders and agg assaulters get around here. I'd call it a win.

jspradley

WKR
There's a lot to unpack behind the choice of "Bambi" but it's still a slap on the wrist. He should lose his hunting privileges in all states for a LONG time if not for life.

Azone

WKR
Shooting hundreds of deer and leaving them to rot should result in a automatic life time ban nationwide for hunting and a 5 to 6 figure fine. Having to cut a check for several hundred to a thousand or more dollars a month for many years would seem a fitting punishment to me. Poachers dont follow laws, but hitting them HARD in the pocket book would definitely leave a bitter taste in their mouth and make them think twice.

Does anyone read the articles anymore? Two of them had their privileges permanently revoked and the other two got 16 and 8 years revoked. Total fines paid were over 50K and another 150K was paid in bonds. Sounds like they got what they deserved..

The watching Bambi is one of the dumbest things I have heard. I will admit I did not read the article. Sounds like the rest is probably good, but watching Bambi is stupid.

Neverenoughhntn

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, watching Bambi once a month is stupid.... I think I could get behind the whole Bambi idea if they put him in solitary with Bambi on a continuous loop 24/7 for his 1 yr sentence.

blb078

WKR
While he did get a lifetime ban of his license here in MO, it's doesn't really matter either way. He's a criminal, known for taking hundreds of deer illegally. Banning his license isn't going to all of the sudden make him not hunt, maybe the year in jail will but this isn't his first offense so that's doubtful. While I agree the ban should be done it's not really something to get to hung up on because once he is out of jail there is high probability at some point in his life he is going to be hunting again regardless of his hunting privileges being banned.