2011 ram 1500 upgrades

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Few weeks ago I bought a 2011 Ram 1500. It was fairly stock with a few chrome add ons. been spending the last 3 weeks getting the truck the way I wanted it. Figured Id do some before and after Pics.

Before

After

I got a 2012 myself.

Like the rack on top, any plans for hauling stuff up there?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
List of upgrades are long.

Leveled it with blisten shocks and added zone upper control arms
Fender flares
Westin bull bar
ICI 4 inch step bars
Front and rear cameras with lock pick pro
Auto LED head light fog light backup light upgrade
Snugtop topper with go rhino bars and basket
Debadged
Blackout handles
Evolution Front grill

AVS bug guard and window Gaurds
S&B CAI
BT Oil Catch can installed
new Motometal Wheels
DIABLO tuner with hemifever tune
Tinted driver and passenger windows

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I got a 2012 myself.

Like the rack on top, any plans for hauling stuff up there?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yep I did the rack because I knew there would be times Id want to stay in the back of the Bed so the Rack will before loading stuff up top with a cover when I want to chill in the bed for a night. That was my goal.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
LED Headlights where a huge upgrade to the Light it puts out. Im also adding a 15 inch light bar on the inside of the Evolution Grill and 4 2 inch LED Spotters up top on the Rack.

Damn dude. I was just gonna start my own thread but may as well piggyback this one (massive, shameless, hijack alert).

My T100 will not be seeing 379k so I spent my Black Friday at the NWMotorSports lot. Fortunately they had exactly what I was after and I even made it home in time for the Apple Cup kickoff :).

2012 1500, Hemi V8, standard cab w/only 22.500k miles.

04f9c10764e18f2b49f85b060f640313.jpg

Being a Sport model it's not nearly trail ready but it's the exact power plant on the exact platform I wanted so I'm cool with that.

This week I'll add new tires and wheels. Not sure if I'll keep or sell the stock ones? If I sell them any idea what I should ask?

Husky mats and seat covers.

By Christmas break I'll add.....

Trailer hitch. Fortunately it's wired and I have an excellent welding shop nearby.

Leveling kit and new shocks. Probably the Bilstines??

And what I call a campers cap. It's the canopy that replaces the tailgate and has the walk thru door yet still hinges up like an SUV. This will make getting in and out of waders during rainstorms much more comfortable. And between fishing west and hunting east I spend way too much on crappy hotel rooms so I plan on building a bunk and some storage back there. I haven't decide between Rhinoline or the rug like Bruce just got. Is one better than the other for under a cap? Any idea what I should ask for the Tannaou cover and tailgate?

By next fall I'll add front and rear bumpers. I'll want a winch and will want some real good running lights on it for those backroad snow storms. On the back bumper I'll want to carry a matching spare and high lift jack. I have no idea where to even start to look here??

Great looking truck and please keep posting your upgrades. I much prefer stealing ideas rather than coming up with them myself :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you debadge yourself? If so how did that go and any tips? I'd like to lose all of the badging except the Ram logo pretty much like you did. I think it would also be cool to get the Ram logo dipped in black for a black on black look.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Brood no prob on the Hijack rather keep the 1500's all in 1 thread so others who are looking at them can get ideas. First and foremost great looking truck mine is also the Sport model with the 5'7" Bed Crew Cab. I love it. Makes the truck look proportionate and not some massive 8 foot long bed on the back.

Upgrades you mentioned that i can speak on that I did for my truck

Leveling truck I went with the blisten 5100 series shocks I did a lot of home work on this and the resounding consensus is that leveling with blisters give you a better ride and less apt to blow out the ball joints on the control arm.. I went a step further and also upgraded my Upper control arms to the Zones Upper Control arms. Which are beefy and are made for leveling and give the room needed for the up and down play without fear of blowing them out which our trucks have can do if not done correctly. I did the 2.1 inch lift on the front. I kicked around doing a 4 inch lift but Ive heard a lot of nightmares about suspension issues. The level for me is perfect. Gives it the clearance without fear of it having issues. If you do go with Blistens I found the best deal on Amazon Amazon.com: Bilstein 5100 Series Shock Kit for Dodge Ram 1500 4WD 2009-14 - Includes Front Ride Height Adjustable Shocks # 24-187367 & Rear Shocks # 24-187374: Automotive I also got my control arms on Amazon too. Amazon.com: Zone Offroad D2301 Heavy Duty Upper Control Arm Kit: Automotive

For the Light upgrades. I did some searching on the Ram Forumz and found this company Auto LED. They don't have a website or store but I reached out to them on Facebook and spoke to Sean who set me up. This company is based in Canada and they sell a complete plug and play setup for the low beams and the Fog Lights which was right 280$ if your interested just reach out to them with a message on Facebook The Auto LED | Facebook This doubled my light output.
My truck Came with Toyo AT 2 Tires so I was good with those the wheels I upgraded through a local company the that had a fantastic deal on Moto Metal Rims.

Rest of the upgrades I did where bolt ons and I was going for the complete black out look. so I shopped around and found best prices I could Auto truck anything, Jet.com, Ebay, Amazon, ect. ect.

The Debadge was easy but time consuming. you need a heat gun and I went to Harbor Frieght and picked up a bod trim plastic 5 piece tool kit which helped a lot also get some of the automotive goo be gone. Make sure you get the automotive grade as it won't hurt the clear coat on your truck.
The hardest upgrade was the grill because I used my original Grill Frame and cut the rest of the stuff out. Then you have to mount the Reveolution grill into the frame with L Brackets. It takes 2 people to get it done and make sure things are centered. I also did a S&B Cold Air intake that really boosted the sound and performance of the Hemi Motor. It sounds mean now with the CAI.

I also signed up with Ramforumz.com and read a lot of posts and reviews over there. Also searched out for ideas of what I was after. Hope this helps you out.

Yes that does help. Very much so!

I'll check out that CAI as that's probably the most beneficial upgrade we can do for a happy motor.

Oh dear. Now I've got to log on to Ramforumz.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
coolest upgrade was this little Gadget Dee Zee bed lid shock which makes it to where your door doesn't fall fast. Truck Tailgate Assist - Dee Zee

Also if your truck came with the Uconnect 5 inch screen Stereo and want to add Cameras like I did definitely go with the Lockpick Pro wiring harness this little gadget runs about 280$ but you can hook up to 5 cameras on the system. I only did 2 Front and rear. But also unlocks your stereo. The dealer will charge you 150$ to unlock it for you so may as well get the most out of your Stereo with the Lockpick Pro Harness. This also turned my truck into a Dvd TV watching Stereo. =) The controls on your steering wheel also work to control the camera's when you have it on TV Mode so you can switch between front and rear with the steering wheel controls. Pretty neat little upgrade for sure.

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Broodbuster go to Napa and get an eraser wheel for your cordless (or pneumatic) drill. It's all we used when I worked at a body shop in college and it was easy quick and didn't harm anything. I've used this method to remove decals from my own vehicles in recent years

Thanks Brodie! I'll look into that.

So I got rid of those silly racing tires. I can sleep at night now :). I went with the Goodrich K02's 285/70/R17. Can't wait to get them muddy.

Before...
49e76193b1c89b46f403f4a5070288c1.jpg

Now...
e0158bca5adb4c34170e6c1819d809b6.jpg

92cb512afaa2c9626eed7db99a5c1eda.jpg

Leveling kit and CAI will be installed Monday followed by a hitch and that should get me thru winter.

HOT ROD

WKR
Nice Ram trucks. I really like my 2011 ram. But the no tire chains was a deal breaker for me this time. So I went a different route this time.. I have no complaints with my 2011. It was a good truck...

The only reason I'm getting the level kit is to fit chains on the front tires. Also why I stayed with stock sized wheels. I'll be bummed if any further mod was required. I'll find out on the 22nd. The turning radius with the new tires and in four wheel drive is sick so I'm hopfull the chains fit and work well.

And I agree chains are a critical component of a 4by set up. My old T100 sucked in this regard so I'm hopeful with the Ram but now you've got me worried.

I'm curious why they didn't work on the 2011.

Did They change the front upper a arm control on the ram 1500? If not a leveling kit will do nothing for adding chains, the upper a arm still comes to close to the tire for chains.

The KO2 tires are awesome in mud and snow/ice. Put some on my truck in sept and put them through their paces in mud during hunting season and now in snow and ice.

The only reason I'm getting the level kit is to fit chains on the front tires. Also why I stayed with stock sized wheels. I'll be bummed if any further mod was required. I'll find out on the 22nd. The turning radius with the new tires and in four wheel drive is sick so I'm hopfull the chains fit and work well.

And I agree chains are a critical component of a 4by set up. My old T100 sucked in this regard so I'm hopeful with the Ram but now you've got me worried.

I'm curious why they didn't work on the 2011.
for removing emblems use plastic scraper tool to remove emblems without scratchng paint, then use a eraser wheel on airtool or drill to remove the adhesive. Then follow up with wax and grease remover on a rag., this is what we use in bodyshops.