Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Electric Bike Build...

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I know we have some folks who are into riding so thought Id share my 2018 Juggernaut Ultra build. This is a Bafang 1000w Ultra Mid Drive Motor with programable display and many levels I can set it to as far motor to pedaling and max 35mph. Just got the picture today from Roshan the owner over at Biktrix this is after they applied the custom Verde 2.0 Decals. He added a 26x4 back tire just to take the photo its coming with 29x3 inch wheels and tires they are threading my back wheel tomorrow.

Pretty snazzy...

Last edited:

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve considered building one but they can’t be used in the non motorized areas up here. They look like a blast that could really open up far reaches. Regardless, cool build 👍🏼

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
So I have done some research since I started this journey.

Most states have adopted a 3 class stage laws. Anything under a class 3 is identified as a regular bike. Class 2 Bikes are 750watts or less and go 20mph Alot of states are catching up as it grows in popularity so Id do some more research as the DOW is adopting this also. Many only call it a Motored vehicle if it has power on demand (a thumb throttle you can hit and not have to pedal)

Alaska State Electric Bike Laws

And some states have not given Ebikes a definition yet. It varies state by state.

Last edited:
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Some More Photos of my bike getting Built. Its almost done and ready to ship my way.

Last edited:
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Update: got the bike.... wow most fun I have had. It’s like your Superman on a bicycle the motor matches your power so the more you pedal the more torque the motor puts out. Hill are like flat streets to climb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
659fce5084e4e40b7384277f5a5f6f8e.jpg

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
I have done 3 of the 1000 watt Bafang mid drives with friends. They take about 4 hours from start to finish.

Awesome man. Thanks for the heads up, what did you use for batteries on those builds? My girlfriends dad and brother have done a few and they build their battery packs custom to fit each bike. Lots of work!

Poser

WKR
Question:

How come most or all of these (various brands) of e bikes come outfitted with not-so-familiar or never-heard-of components?
Why do I never see SRAM, Shimano, Fox, KS, Rocshox etc that virtually all Medium to high end mountain bike brands come with?

I can see the drive trains potentially over stressing conventional bike derailers, so it would make sense that the rear derailer might be e-Bike specific.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Question:

How come most or all of these (various brands) of e bikes come outfitted with not-so-familiar or never-heard-of components?
Why do I never see SRAM, Shimano, Fox, KS, Rocshox etc that virtually all Medium to high end mountain bike brands come with?

I can see the drive trains potentially over stressing conventional bike derailers, so it would make sense that the rear derailer might be e-Bike specific.

I can’t really answer but I have a guess it’s because these bike primarily made in China and a lot of the named branded China bikes make there own. Doesn’t mean you can’t use them. I have a wren suspension fork on mine and am adding a lot of aftermarket stuff on my bike. I know all the big named bike companies do use the named brand stuff for their bikes.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Any update on this? How are you liking it?

Sorry I haven't kept on this. Absolutely loving it. The Biktrix is amazing the power this thing has is pretty intense for an Electric bike. really enjoying it.

I bought mine from Biktrix.com but there are many vendors out there that provide great bikes. Rad Power Bikes, Luna Cycles, Even the big named cycle companies have Ebikes available like Specialized, Trek, Bulls, I found another vendor that if you can afford it they will set you up with your dream bike that has the best of everything for a mere cost of 14,000$ Optibike.com Straight Carbon Fiber Frame with all the bells and whistles.

I paid just north of 5k for my Biktrix but added alot of top of this line upgrades. You can get them from 1500$ to 14k$ It just depends on what you want on your bike and how much you want to invest in it. Id also say it will depend on how much your going to use it as well.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Update on the bike. I ended up stripping off my Wrap and found the paint job on the frame very appealing.

Added my fenders and Street Tires for cruising around town also. Im looking for another set of wheels to do hot swap for dirt street rides. The Maxxis Street Tires give the bike a really easy roll down the road. I also added a GPS Tracker to the bike it is now equipped with SPOT Satellite GPS Tracking incase anyone has thoughts of taking it for a ride I can find them later =-)

If you do invest in an Ebike make sure you also invest in a good lock (stay away from Cable Locks) and make sure your home owners policy covers theft incase you ever need to replace it. I went with a huge 8lbs chain that is cut proof with bolt cutters and I have a motion detection alarm lock if it moves the alarm will go off. I wanted to make sure to protect the investment.

Last edited:

lacofdfireman

Lil-Rokslider
Question:

This is my concern. I can’t imagine paying over $3-5k for a Chinese component bike that isn’t Chinese Shimano, or SRAM etc. I realize SRAM and Shimano are built in China but at least you know these parts are serviceable or repairable. The other stuff possibly not. I’d be pissed to spend all this money on a bike only to have to start replacing parts because the other stuff is junk. At least with Shimano or SRAM you know it’s been tried and tested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk