Holsters

Has anyone used/have a gun fighter inc Kenai chest holster? Is it worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yogr

FNG
I've got one of their chest holsters. I really like it, but I don't have anything to compare it with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

brocksw

WKR
I have one too for my Glock 20. It works... But I will say it's not comfortable. I wear it under my bino harness and I am constantly adjusting it and trying to situate it so is not digging into me. I'm thinking of trying a quick detach holster that can be moved from my pack belt to my pants belt quickly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
Love mine. Have used it scouting and hunting North Idaho for the last year or so and for me, it’s the best solution for carrying a handgun while hunting. Doesn’t interfere with a backpack and I’ve used it with my bino harness. It’s always with me and I find it comfortable enough that I don’t even take it off when relaxing and doing chores in the evening.

nrh6.7

WKR
I have been thinking about this a lot trying to figure out the best way to carry a handgun. I almost pulled the trigger on the chest holster but after wearing the AGC bino carrier and trying to see if I could still have easy access to a weapon, I just don't see it happening unless you wear one of them really low on your torso, which doesn't seem like it would be comfortable.

I think I've found the answer, which will allow me to carry it on my EXO belt when I have on the pack, yet still be able to carry it on my waist without much effort or additional weight.

Here's the holster. You can see it has a quick release system and several different modes of carry.

OSL RTI Kydex Holster: Edge Works

Here's the piece that will stay attached to my pack:

GCA90 - RTI Rotating Tactical Belt Mount: Edge Works

Here's how I will carry without the pack:

GCA11 - Large Paddle (For Holsters): Edge Works

There is an adapter that goes on the paddle that is similar to the one attached to the pack belt. Basically you have two holsters in one with about a 2-3 oz weight penalty, and it stays off your chest.

Actually, I think I learned about this company here on RS.

brocksw

WKR
I have been thinking about this a lot trying to figure out the best way to carry a handgun. I almost pulled the trigger on the chest holster but after wearing the AGC bino carrier and trying to see if I could still have easy access to a weapon, I just don't see it happening unless you wear one of them really low on your torso, which doesn't seem like it would be comfortable.

I think I've found the answer, which will allow me to carry it on my EXO belt when I have on the pack, yet still be able to carry it on my waist without much effort or additional weight.

Here's the holster. You can see it has a quick release system and several different modes of carry.

OSL RTI Kydex Holster: Edge Works

Here's the piece that will stay attached to my pack:

GCA90 - RTI Rotating Tactical Belt Mount: Edge Works

Here's how I will carry without the pack:

GCA11 - Large Paddle (For Holsters): Edge Works

There is an adapter that goes on the paddle that is similar to the one attached to the pack belt. Basically you have two holsters in one with about a 2-3 oz weight penalty, and it stays off your chest.

Actually, I think I learned about this company here on RS.
So if I understand correctly... This is all "quick detach"? I can go from pack belt to waist belt without taking anything off or attaching/ tightening screws? With the only caveat being I'd have to have the paddle already on my waist or carry it with me?

How does the pack belt piece attach to mollie webbing?

nrh6.7

WKR
So if I understand correctly... This is all "quick detach"? I can go from pack belt to waist belt without taking anything off or attaching/ tightening screws? With the only caveat being I'd have to have the paddle already on my waist or carry it with me?

How does the pack belt piece attach to mollie webbing?

Exactly. You would just have to carry the paddle portion in your pack until you needed it. Regarding the molle part of your question. The adapter I linked to won't work with a molle belt, but they do have one in their lineup. It would stay attached via the webbing on your belt and when you're ready to turn it into a paddle holster you pinch two tabs on the adapter and it releases the holster portion. You then pull the paddle out and connect the two for carrying on your hip. You can also adjust the cant of the holster to make it ride vertical or at an angle.

It is a pretty sweet system, albeit a relatively expensive one.

ETA: Here's the molle adapter for your pack belt.

GCA42 - RTI H-MAR MOLLE Adaptor: Edge Works

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
I think for general use the Hill People Kit Bag is hard to beat and more affordable than most options. You can carry a fully concealed pistol with a relatively quick draw and many of your day use items; plus they now have padded attachements than can turn it into a suitable bino harness.

I've got the Diamond D leather guide's choice for my .44, and love it for fishing, or with binoculars on a strap/harness. Don't care for it with the AGC cub max bino holder.

I have the Kenai chest holster for my .357. It works ok, but I prefer the Diamond D. The kydex fit wasn't perfect, and the leather is quieter in my opinion.

I just got the HPG chest bag for the 10mm. I like this as an option when I may come across more people, and they don't need to know what I am carrying.

What can I say, variety is the spice of life!

So many better options that don't squeak when wearing a pack, get in the way of binos and are more comfortable and faster to draw.

jherald

WKR
I've got one I wear under my AGC bino harness. It's great other than the large top buckle, I've considered converting it to a velcro strap or some other smooth riding attachment because it can dig in under pack straps.

Exactly. You would just have to carry the paddle portion in your pack until you needed it. Regarding the molle part of your question. The adapter I linked to won't work with a molle belt, but they do have one in their lineup. It would stay attached via the webbing on your belt and when you're ready to turn it into a paddle holster you pinch two tabs on the adapter and it releases the holster portion. You then pull the paddle out and connect the two for carrying on your hip. You can also adjust the cant of the holster to make it ride vertical or at an angle.

It is a pretty sweet system, albeit a relatively expensive one.

ETA: Here's the molle adapter for your pack belt.

GCA42 - RTI H-MAR MOLLE Adaptor: Edge Works

Safari land has a pretty slick system too.

QLS - Quick Locking System

Think of it as a bracket you put on your holster and that mounts to a bracket on your chest rig or pack belt or a paddle. They do have a bit of weight to them and I am not sure you don’t come out in about the same place with two holsters.

For what t is worth I use a drop hanger from safari land called a UBL.

Model 6075UBL Low-Ride Universal Belt Loop - The Safariland Group

It will put a holster low down by your hip so it is under your pack belt. It is stiff so it doesn’t flop or require a thigh strap. Works with most kydex holsters from big manufacturers.

mtnkid85

WKR
I carry a Ruger Alaskan in a simply rugged harness, with a bino harness on I can arrange it to where the revolver sits beside the bino harness more like a shoulder harness. It works, though I'm not in love with it. Having that much weight on your chest can be taxing.
I would like to try the double D harness.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
I've just purchased a system similar to what's been posted already for use on my Kifaru belt and also on a pants belt.

Holsters Designed For The Outdoors | Bozeman, MT| Razco

PALS ADAPTER

I'll be using for the first time next month on a scouting trip but for now I will comment that this setup with my G40 seems secure. Very secure. As in it will take a minute or two to remove from the pack belt since everything is so tight.

I picked up a Diamond D this past winter for my (heavy), S&W .500 and really like the fact that the shoulder strap is nice and wide and also that I can wear it over either shoulder and it only changes the angle/position a little. Years ago I broke my right clavicle in 2 places and never had it surgically repaired. Now I have a big lump there, and the strap on my old chest rig would ride right over the top of that lump causing a significant amount of discomfort and bruising in some cases. The Diamond D is way more comfortable and allows you to completely take all the wt. off the shoulder strap, if need be, or allow you to finely adjust the shoulder wt. for comfort. I can wear it low over my belly and adjust my AGC bino pack to ride above it and although it is bulky on my chest/front, it all seems to ride ok and is not uncomfortable.

Last edited:

SWOHTR

WKR
So many better options that don't squeak when wearing a pack, get in the way of binos and are more comfortable and faster to draw.

And those options are? Please tell, rather than leaving it a mystery. It would be more beneficial to the thread than a cryptic "mine is better than yours" type message.

I'm going to try a kydex holster. Will it be perfect? Likely not, but probably better than the Uncle Mike's I have, and the double-retention thigh holster I've used in the Navy.

Ive posted it here before but i have a diamond d for the G20 and the 329PD. Love them and cant really see myself ever using anything else. Bino harness goes above it and pack goes over, No problems at all. Wear at least three days a week and wouldnt change a thing other than i might make some webbing straps when i change out the leather ones as they soak up a ton of sweat (which isnt a big deal)

rbljack

WKR
Ive posted it here before but i have a diamond d for the G20 and the 329PD. Love them and cant really see myself ever using anything else. Bino harness goes above it and pack goes over, No problems at all. Wear at least three days a week and wouldnt change a thing other than i might make some webbing straps when i change out the leather ones as they soak up a ton of sweat (which isnt a big deal)

Ive got the diamond d holster for my 454 casull and purchased a glock 20 over last winter. Can you send or post pics of the Glock 20/diamond D set up used while also wearing the bino harness? curious to see how that whole system would play out. Im thinking it would be bulky. It took me a while to get used to the chest mount rig, but it does have advantages. Found I really like it when on horse or 4 wheeler too.

Ill be getting suited up for getting back after elk this afternoon. I can have a pic snapped and text it to you if you like. I should prob set up to post pics but...