Looking for Winchester Model 94

RedRidge

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
FOUND - Looking for Winchester Model 94

FOUND - WTB a Winchester model 94 if anyone has one they want to sale. Shoot me a pm if you have something. Thanks!

Last edited:

Grumman

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Not sure if you are on 24Hourcampfire forum or not but there were some in the classifieds there the other day. I love those rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RedRidge

RedRidge

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
TTT. Bringing this back up. Still would love to have one of these. Preferably pre-64. Thanks for looking.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's not a pre-64, but I do have a really nice mid 90s trapper saddle ring carbine in 30-30 if you'd be interested.

WJS23

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Take a look at the cabelas gun library they should have some.

OP
RedRidge

RedRidge

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
WJS- I'll check that out.
Timmy- Yeah I am watching a few on there. Just wanted to check here before I did anything on gunbroker. Just looking for the right deal :D

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I’m a big fan of the M94 but never actually owned one, so a few years ago I started watching GB with the determination that I was going to buy one that was at least 100 years old and in good working order. It took a little while but I finally won an auction and got a circa 1899, .30WCF, in very nice condition (for it’s age), and 100% unmodified. I’ve only shot reduced loads through it, but it easily maintains about a 4-5” group at 100 yards. Good luck with your search.

OP
RedRidge

RedRidge

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Silver, Thanks for the offer but looking for a .30WCF or 30-30.

AK Trout, thanks. I have read your thread on yours. Looks like it will do just fine in this new age. I almost closed a deal on one a few weeks ago, but I drug my feet a little and the owner realized he had a nice rifle and decided to hold on to it. Just looking for the right buy at this point.

bobhunts

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang I have one but really not looking to sell it as it was built on my birth year 1963. If I see one for sale at a decent price I will forward the link. Good luck! Have you looked at model 70 pre 64 prices lately?

OP
RedRidge

RedRidge

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bob, thanks for the help. I definitely would hold on to it if I were you. Like AKTrout said his is still huntable 100 years later. Sure would be neat for it to be passed down in the family. I know If I would have received a gun like this when I was younger I would have been stoked. As far as the model 70s I haven't, but I am sure they are not coming down :(

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Another option, if you're not totally stuck on the M94 and just wanting a nice old Winchester lever, is to look at some of the other models like the 1866, '73, 76, '86, '92, etc. I think that if you're patient and diligent with GB, something will surely work out for you. Also, spending a little time on there and seeing what various rifles, in various conditions, go for will give you a better idea of what maybe is and isn't a good deal. One more thing to consider is that, if you buy something manufactured prior to 1899, you can have it shipped directly to you and avoid the whole FFL/background check.

Kindo

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Another option, if you're not totally stuck on the M94 and just wanting a nice old Winchester lever, is to look at some of the other models like the 1866, '73, 76, '86, '92, etc. I think that if you're patient and diligent with GB, something will surely work out for you. Also, spending a little time on there and seeing what various rifles, in various conditions, go for will give you a better idea of what maybe is and isn't a good deal. One more thing to consider is that, if you buy something manufactured prior to 1899, you can have it shipped directly to you and avoid the whole FFL/background check.

Not entirely sure, but I think you still need a C&R permit to have it shipped directly to you. Best to check state regs as well on that stuff.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Not entirely sure, but I think you still need a C&R permit to have it shipped directly to you. Best to check state regs as well on that stuff.

I don’t know what a C&R permit is, but I have purchased a coupe pre 1899 rifles of off GB (one that came from a firearms dealer in NY of all places), and both rifles were sent directly to me through the USPS. Anything prior to 1899 is considered antique.

OP
RedRidge

RedRidge

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
HAHA that is awesome. Your welcome! I just left a gun show down here in Georgia and am the proud new onwer of a excellent condition 1951 Model 94! Rifle opens up next weekend down here.

cOia035h.jpg

q0Qt5nkh.jpg

6hqueith.jpg

bWSTggPh.jpg