Custom rifle makers

Rbros makes a very very nice custom rifle that shoot extremely well. I loaded up and shot my friend's 28 Nosler (Carbon Hunter) from Rbros and it was simply amazing. Travis includes load data and a dummy round as well, so it takes the barrel wear and tear out of the equation and gets you shooting right away. The 195 Berger at around 3100fps is a wind cheating hammer.

Rick

FNG
I'll throw in another recommendation for RBros. I'm extremely happy with my LWLR 300WM. All rifles are proven shooters before leaving his shop with load data provided. This was my second RBros rifle and he will get the next one also.

Travis has a lot of barrels and stocks on hand so build times are short and as others have noted he answers the phone or responds to messages quickly.

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
RBros is definitely worth looking at, I can't say enough good things about Travis, the rifles he builds and his service. I recently had a pretty bad experience with another gunsmith who I won't bash on here, long story short Travis bailed me out with what turned out to be a better gun and its absolutely shooting lights out. My dad also just got a rifle built by him (this is the reason i got in touch with Travis) and same thing, its perfect and shooting lights out. He's easy to get a hold of, answers phone calls and emails right away which is more than I can say for many gunsmiths I have dealt with.

This

There are many great custom rifle builders out there. Many of them can and do have a quick turn around. Like stated most of the wait is due to components especially if you are ordering a custom stock, barrel with a certain rate of twist or contour.
If you want to spec your own build I would start choosing and gathering parts. If you want a turn key rifle there are some great rifles and builder that have many choices on hand like GAP, Kevin Cram, Ryan Pierce, PVA and others.

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
RBros. Travis built me a rifle this spring and I'm thoroughly impressed. Like weatherbow21 mentioned he's quick to answer email and calls. I'm sure he would discuss a rifle build with you in your price range.

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
I recently put my order in with Rbros. The cost may just be a tad over the price mark you’re trying to hit (not by much though) but from my conversations with the owner/smith he can do just about anything you want. I have only found good reviews on the outfit but my rifle is stil in the process of being built so no first hand experience yet. Also having to wait a few months between the down payment and making the final payment when the rifle is complete makes swallowing the pill of paying that much seem a little easier. I went with a .300 win mag with 24 in barrel outfitted with a manners eh2 stock and APA micro bastard brake. The rifle bare should come in around 6.7lbs.

I got one from Travis. You will not be dissapointed.

OLI62

FNG
To the guys that have had Rbros build them a rifle what generally was the turn around time? Would be doing a ground up build so wouldn't be supplying any parts. Thanks.

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
Give him a call, email or send him a message on facebook. He always responds pretty quick. Lead time is going to depend on what you're looking for, if you're not picky his lead time is really quick and generally he stocks a good bit of materials. Show season is right around the corner so I'd get on it before you end up in the back of the line

Rick

FNG
To the guys that have had Rbros build them a rifle what generally was the turn around time? Would be doing a ground up build so wouldn't be supplying any parts. Thanks.

Yes give him a call. Travis stocks a lot of build materials and will let you know what he has on hand. My last build was two months (late spring order) with parts on the shelf ready to go.

The folks at Accurate Ordnance build pretty awesome rifles and their service is fantastic. I’m a happy customer and the Hide and other sites are full of positive reviews. As a matter of fact, I don’t think I’ve ever read about a bad experience with them.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
I have one by Long Rifles Inc and by Phoenix Custom Rifles. Both are awesome shooters. I sourced my own parts and had them assemble

A couple of options for custom/ semi custom guys that I can think of, if you are still in the market this many months later

index -Small town guy in my area. Does amazing work and is super nice. Has always treated me terrific

Exodus Rifles Inc. - OTM Tactical - No experience personally, but I've been hearing buzz about them

https://www.shawcustombarrels.com/ -No experience personally, but know people with their rifles and they drive tacks

carter33

WKR
Throwing in another positive for Rbros. I received my first rifle from Travis this fall and the rifle is flawless. I recently took it out for some long range shooting for the first time and at 1000 meters I hit a silhouette target every single shot near center mass in a group that shocked the hell out of me as I have only shot that distance a few times. Had my buddy hop on the rifle that has never shot that long range and he nailed it also. He tests the rifles, offers load data standard, sends the dummy round and follows up to make sure the rifle is performing.

I was hesitant to spend that much money wondering wether it was worth it and I am glad I did. That being said he certainly isn’t the most expensive option out there but it’d be very hard to beat an Rbros build.

Second for mike at hell’s canyon. Most I have ever spent on a gun but am so glad I did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
Bobby Hart at RW Hart in PA makes some great rifles. So does GA Precision in Kansas City. I have several and they are great hunting rifles. Some make heavy, long range rifles. Others make ultra light custom rifles with a lot of action work to lighten the weight. Few do both. I would decide what I want the rifle profile to be before picking the gunsmith.