338 wing mag hornady ELD-X 230 - any experience

ftothfadd

Lil-Rokslider
Dear all,

i have a sako 85 greywolf in 338 win mag. Due to serious lack of time (a side effect of young children) I am unable to handload, but wanted ammo I can buy at reasonable cost and shoot longish range. (for me max 600 m) I chose hornady eld-x 230 precision hunter.
Anyone has experience with this ammo?
I have to be honest, I am having difficulties shooting it well, and I am afraid it is the indian (me) and not the arrow (gun or ammo). I am shooting within an inch left to right at a 100 m but there is several inches of vertical stringing (barrel is cool) I am afraid it is due to inconsistent loading of the bipod... I guess I should take a LR course, but shooting this gun for more than 25 round is not that much fun due to recoil... brake is not an option and I am reluctant to have the barrel threaded for a suppressor...
Any suggestions, other than I need to learn how to shoot...
Thank you.

2five7

WKR
Try shooting the gun off of sand bags instead of the bipod, or out of a lead sled (with no weights) and see if he vertical stringing goes away. Lots of times, vertical strings are an issue with the rest, or the barrel making contact with the stock at the fore end.