Zeiss V6?

stevevan

WKR
Good Morning: I'm still in the quest for a durable/reliable scope to twist. The latest that has my interest is the Zeiss V6 3-18. I don't remember any feedback on the forum about this scope. Given there are folks on this forum with lots of experience using the various makes with twist turrets I'm hoping to maybe get some feedback on the good or maybe ugly pertaining to the Zeiss. Thanks in advance.

FURMAN

WKR
I have the 5-30. In my opinion it is the best scope under 2k. Tracking is spot on, glass is great, the reticle is nice.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I have the 5-30. In my opinion it is the best scope under 2k. Tracking is spot on, glass is great, the reticle is nice.

How many rounds do you have on it? How’s zero retention from use (drops, etc)?

I have experience with a couple of both the V4 and V6. None of them held zero from mild drops, and all developed problems in tracking, zero retention, or RTZ before a thousand rounds.

FURMAN

WKR
I have not counted rounds. It and the V4 I have been on a few rifles. Tracking tests were initially done on a bench with tracking fixture I made. The turrets were spun far more times than would be normal. The tracking was spot on. These were paid for by me so any serious durability test such as beating my scope in the manner Nightforce does is not something I am interested in doing. Mild knocking around has had no effect on either of my scopes. If you want a scope that is going to hold up to more than normal field use I personally could not suggest anything other than a Nightforce NXS or ATACR, Schmidt, or Kahles. None of those are in this price range. It sounds to me like you got some duds because I only purchased these after multiple people I respect suggested they were far better than the older Zeiss scopes. Their reports mirror mine and they have far more use than either of mine currently have. I will continue to monitor as always but I would not hesitate to purchase another if I needed something in this price range. My main hunting rifles will be wearing a March and Swaro X5 this fall so the real durably testing on the Zeiss's will take a back seat.