6.5 Creed Bull Down

My mothers Nevada bull. Tikka Ctr 24" 6.5 Creed running Berger 130gr OTM's at 2955 fps. This was one hell of a hunt in some miserably thick country but when this bull moved 4.5 miles up the mountain and out of the low country it was game on. Before I get blasted I struggled with the decision to use this rifle but it was what she was comfortable with and she had alot of range time with. Shoot to distance was 695 yards one in the armpit and the chase was over!
IMG_1443.jpg

Dusty2426

WKR
My mothers Nevada bull. Tikka Ctr 24" 6.5 Creed running Berger 130gr OTM's at 2955 fps. This was one hell of a hunt in some miserably thick country but when this bull moved 4.5 miles up the mountain and out of the low country it was game on. Before I get blasted I struggled with the decision to use this rifle but it was what she was comfortable with and she had alot of range time with. Shoot to distance was 695 yards one in the armpit and the chase was over!
View attachment 82012

No one should blast rifle choice it looks like it was a good choice! One of the first rules of choosing a hunting caliber is “pick one you can shoot well and get good with it” good job

Dang! Hell of a bull and sounds like a great shot. Did the bullet exit?

I shoot those 130s about the same speed from my x47.

Very very sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!. I'd say she can shoot that gun exceptionally well. Blasted, hell no, my regular go to rifle is a tikka 300 WSM, shooting 150 GR. E-Tips @ 3300 FPS. and it is a shooter with plenty of loooooong shots. That 6.5 is a very capable round; I suppose that is why so many people love the 6.5

OP
B
Dang! Hell of a bull and sounds like a great shot. Did the bullet exit?

I shoot those 130s about the same speed from my x47.
Wind the bullet did not exit but most of the jacket was lodged in the off side shoulder blade. The bull took a half step and was down for the count. Internal damage was unreal. I'm forchunate to have guided many elk hunters and my go to is usually the 215gr hybrid out of a WSM thanks to broz, but Ive seen a few suck up more than one!

skeptic

FNG
Great bull and great shot. My 6.5 started out as the Tikka CTR. In my opinion, one of the best factory guns out there. I was really interested in the 130 OTMs, I might give them a shot. 2955 is smokin. What powder? RE16?

OP
B
Great bull and great shot. My 6.5 started out as the Tikka CTR. In my opinion, one of the best factory guns out there. I was really interested in the 130 OTMs, I might give them a shot. 2955 is smokin. What powder? RE16?

H4350 I'm using small primer Lapua brass and have no pressure signs on my 4th reload. I'm seating the 130's to where they are right at the neck shoulder junction thanks to the longish throat in the Tikka. There may actually be a tad more room in there.

robie

WKR
Congrats great bull.

Great shot. From personal experience the heart only needs a small hole in it to stop working. I'm sure the 6.5 made more than a small hole in the right spot.

BTW was your mom 15 when she had you?!? She looks 30 in that picture.