bipod,triclawps, or ???

Just curious what you guys are running. Are most of you running a bipod with a rear support or something else like the triclawps that uses your tripod to shoot off of?

I'm running the same tripod I glass from.
9a96ad06254cf88ed52c2351f9c7487c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
orionthehunter1
yeah im thinking this route did you just attach a plate to your stock to lock your rifle into your tripod head

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Ryan Avery is you see this I thought I saw a thread where Tanya used the triclawps what are your thoughts on it as an attachment for a tripod

bradb

WKR
I just attach a plate, the direct mount is very secure. I glass from the same set up. Little heavier then preferred for some hunts, but very stable. Have shot steel standing at 800 with tracking pole fir a little rear support

I attached a pic rail to my stock then attached a clamp to my tripod head plate.
yeah im thinking this route did you just attach a plate to your stock to lock your rifle into your tripod head

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Ryan Avery is you see this I thought I saw a thread where Tanya used the triclawps what are your thoughts on it as an attachment for a tripod
cfafea93c834de6ffea78c90223cc3a5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Both, have a mod evo bipod for prone shots and a triclawps solo for non prone shots. Use my trekking pole to help with rear support. Slik 824 works for me and it’s really nice being able to remove the bottom part of the stem to get the tripod lower.

weaver

WKR
I prefer a bipod if possible. Bought a triclawps for my coues hunt and ended up not even packing it being that my bipod only weighs 3oz more than the triclawps head and is way more stable for me.
I'm keeping the triclawps for predator and pronghorn hunting. Thinking it will work well in sagebrush country.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

In addition to the Triclawps, you may also look at the RRS Vyce, and the Hog saddle and the Pig saddle. All of which I see at local PRS matches.

hwy1strat

WKR
What kind of stock are you looking to use this setup on? A traditional stock with the tapered and rounded forehead doesn't clamp super great but it still works. Area 419 is now making arca rails you can attach to the bottom of your rifle stock. I have built in arca rail on one of my rifles and it is amazing when putting it on a tripod. I will be mounting one of those area 419 arca rails to my other rifle when my Manners stock finally comes in. With one of those you can remove your binos/spotting scope and throw your rifle right onto the tripod. Very slick and very stable

i've always used the bipod but rigged up my glassing tripod with a quick release plate ,piece of plywood and a bag strapped on that. Don't laugh ,my 94 yr old friend with his oxygen tank connected at 100.
question is what kind accessory can i get to attach to the picatiny that will mount to my quick release on the tripod?
i'd like to start using this in the hi grass