Turret Cap for Exposed Turrets

stevevan

WKR
I think you have a great idea! I have a NF nxs 3-15x50 with exposed Windage turret. Any idea if you have one that might work for that? If so, I'm good to buy one and another for the elevation,

OP
mcr-85

mcr-85

WKR
I think you have a great idea! I have a NF nxs 3-15x50 with exposed Windage turret. Any idea if you have one that might work for that? If so, I'm good to buy one and another for the elevation,
I'm not getting them made anymore. They cost too much to get made individually to make it worth doing. If I had another 5 or so needing them then I'd get them made but they are still pricey.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I made a turret cover. I have a vortex viper pst gen 2. The turrets are pretty big. I used a scope cap that came on my small crossbow scope. Works perfect.

rcdinaz

FNG
Get with a 3D printing firm and provide specs and take a royalty whenever they are ordered.

I like the idea of protecting the turrets on a horse, ATV, etc.

KHNC

WKR
I just got back from a high mountain hunt in NW montana last week. Day 3 i had a 120yd shot on a 180 class muley. Had a solid rest and hit him high in the back strap. Dropped in his tracks, got back up and flopped over the side of the ridge before i could get another bullet in him. Looked down at my turret and it was spun up to 300!@!!! WTF!!! I use a 300WSM, so that was 3-4" high at that distance. My turret has NEVER moved even 1 click on any hunt and did not get moved at all the rest of the entire 6 day hunt. I use a VIper 6-24 HSLR with exposed turret. Other than someone moving my turret, when i was not aware, it must have gotten moved somehow while hiking. A mystery i will never know the answer to and a giant mtn buck i will prob never have a chance at one like again.
Ill buy one of those covers if you do make them again.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I just got back from a high mountain hunt in NW montana last week. Day 3 i had a 120yd shot on a 180 class muley. Had a solid rest and hit him high in the back strap. Dropped in his tracks, got back up and flopped over the side of the ridge before i could get another bullet in him. Looked down at my turret and it was spun up to 300!@!!! WTF!!! I use a 300WSM, so that was 3-4" high at that distance. My turret has NEVER moved even 1 click on any hunt and did not get moved at all the rest of the entire 6 day hunt. I use a VIper 6-24 HSLR with exposed turret. Other than someone moving my turret, when i was not aware, it must have gotten moved somehow while hiking. A mystery i will never know the answer to and a giant mtn buck i will prob never have a chance at one like again.
Ill buy one of those covers if you do make them again.

Not to to be rude, but a scope with better designed turrets would alleviate the accidental turning and offer significantl benefits.

Wyoboy321

FNG
Hello- I came across this thread after having the exact same issue with the exact same scope. I see from the thread you didn't end up taking them to production, but if you found they functioned well in the scabbard and have 2 that would fit a Viper HS-T, I'd buy them. Thanks!

OP
mcr-85

mcr-85

WKR
Hello- I came across this thread after having the exact same issue with the exact same scope. I see from the thread you didn't end up taking them to production, but if you found they functioned well in the scabbard and have 2 that would fit a Viper HS-T, I'd buy them. Thanks!
I do have a few handy. Send me a message.