Christensen Arms

ckleeves

WKR
Is it the same rifle you had the reloads that shot .5 moa? If it is then try copying the OAL from those and see what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robie

WKR
I know some have had mixed results with the CA but mine is great.

2.5" at 500 yards with factory Berger 215 ammo. I put together a similar group at 600. The worst group of the day being just under 5" at 500.

y14zKhH.jpg

Stid2677

WKR
I'll be trying the Bergers too
Just has to be a bullet that likes to jump

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What I'm trying to communicate to you is that bullets that are known to do best jammed into the lands, will often have a 2nd accuracy node seated much deeper. Often as accurate with the advantage of being able to be loaded from the magazine,,, drawback is seated deeper means less case capacity.

OP
mfllood3800
I have gone from .100 to. 135
Can't go any closer, and don't know if I want any more of a bump and not sure if the powder load will allow the space without decreasing its weight capacity.

Seems the barrel doesn't hate the eldx but it doesn't love it either

I'm looking for that great fit

Thx for they input and help

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ckleeves

WKR
The 215 hybrids are worth trying. I have had luck in two different 300 Rums jumping them pretty far. One was nearing the end of barrel life and the jump was ridiculous and it still shot lights out. Other rifles not so much but you don’t know till you try. It might be a few days but if you want a dozen to try I’ll send them your way so you don’t have to buy 100 to find out.

OP
mfllood3800
That's its super generous
I would like that
I just ordered nosler
Had already used hornady
Berger's were next
Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ckleeves

WKR
Your gonna have some pretty big jumps with that length and the heavier high BC bullets if the rifle has a Saami spec throat in it. It can be frustrating when you can’t load like you want but I bet you’ll find something that shoots great that can still fit the mag.

OP
mfllood3800
Yes at Fierce arms they sent the target with a .50 moa verification. They used Noslers ABLR 210. I will be loading those up and verifying how they shoot for me. I shot some factory noslers and they were close. But I couldn't get .50 moa. So I tried the eldx. But now I am loading my own so I want to play with the load a bit.

neverquit

WKR
When you say a bullet didn’t group well are you doing a full ladder test or loading 3-5 per charge ever .3 g min to max, then group shooting every charge?

neverquit

WKR
What increments are you using. I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on.

In my experience as long as your using a bullet weight appropriate for your twist there’s a charge that will group regardless of jump. I’d pick a col. say the max your mag will cycle. Then load up 3-5 rounds in .3g increment from min to max(max pressure) shoot them slow and cold. Either groups at 100 or a ladder at 300-500yards. I’ve done this successfully on 20 rifle, factory and custom.