Long Range Accubond - Revised BC's

rcdinaz

FNG
I shoot the 168gr 7mm ABLR. 4 coues, 3 mule deer, 3 Audad, and a bear over the last 5 years. The same load same rifle. We did have one fluke on a big mulie but it was bullet placement. He fell down dead and got up and walked off on the other side of the canyon after being unconscious for a good 5 min or more.

The LRAB seem to do their job and I had a little tighter groups from that rifle with the Noslers than the Bergers. We still shoot both.

shooting the 190's. did my calculations on the updated BC's and they seem on to me. fingers crossed ill get to see how they do on elk. if we have a successful hunt, ill update this thread.

Jardo

WKR
I’ve killed dozens of deer, elk, pigs, and goats with the 270 140 acubonds and the 280 160 grain accubonds. I haven’t used any lrabs, but I am going to load some up for my 300 win mag this week. Just purchased a cooper model 52 open country and am in the load development phase. I have 210 lrabs and 215 Berger’s. Hopefully one of these will shoot well in my new rifle. Running through some ladders this weekend to see what has the most promise.

The regular acubonds have been very reliable. I’m hoping the lrabs are good to go. If not, might have to use a 200 grain regular acubond.

Einar

FNG
I’ve killed dozens of deer, elk, pigs, and goats with the 270 140 acubonds and the 280 160 grain accubonds. I haven’t used any lrabs, but I am going to load some up for my 300 win mag this week. Just purchased a cooper model 52 open country and am in the load development phase. I have 210 lrabs and 215 Berger’s. Hopefully one of these will shoot well in my new rifle. Running through some ladders this weekend to see what has the most promise.

The regular acubonds have been very reliable. I’m hoping the lrabs are good to go. If not, might have to use a 200 grain regular acubond.

How’d the Accubond LR vs Berger trial go Jardo? I’m planning to load some LRAB 210’s for my 300WM soon.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
There: edited literally 3 letters that I fat-finger typo’d.

Haha, well look back at it and you sound like a flat brimmed gangsta ho.

The Berger’s work very well. I think the LRAB is too soft, it deformed when seating.

Einar

FNG
Haha, well look back at it and you sound like a gangsta ho.

Yeah - of all the things iOS spell check screws up, it didn’t bother catching the obvious.

So any new insight on the Nosler Accubond LR’s? Considering their 210gr for a 300WM elk platform. Been reading reviews for days with *mostly* positive results, but not much specific to the 210gr 300WM hunting application. I’m starting as a newbie from scratch; I’m committed to the 300WM, but not necessarily to the load.

tdhanses

WKR
Yeah - of all the things iOS spell check screws up, it didn’t bother catching the obvious.

So any new insight on the Nosler Accubond LR’s? Considering their 210gr for a 300WM elk platform. Been reading reviews for days with *mostly* positive results, but not much specific to the 210gr 300WM hunting application. I’m starting as a newbie from scratch; I’m committed to the 300WM, but not necessarily to the load.

It gets me all the time.

Personally when I saw how soft the metaplate was I stopped using it. I never did measure how consistent the bullet was size wise but at .002 neck tension, half would dent when seating. Never had that issue with any other bullet.

I now just use Berger and haven’t had an issue.

Timnterra

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had good success with the 270 150gr LRAB in my 270 Winchester with a modest 2850 muzzle velocity. I’ve killed deer at 80yds, 125, 175, 215, 300, and 475. All one shot kills here is the video of the 475yd shot.