Berger Ammo?

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
So from my understanding berger took over ABM. So does anyone know if they are going to keep producing ammo. If so, when will it be on the market?

WyoElk

WKR
I believe they moved production facilities and so the supply dried up a bit but last I heard they were running full tilt to get stocked up again

Broz

WKR
I just got my order of ABM, it should last till late fall. I believe this to be of some of the last orders filled in ABM boxes.

IMG_20180315_095132450_zpsf16ewqoj.jpg

This ammo will now be sold under Berger name. Boxes will go to Yellow with Berger logo.

They moved the entire plant from CA. to Mesa AZ. They are back in production. Most all ammo will now be comprised of Capstone Precision Group components. IE, Lapua brass, Vihtavuori Powder, Berger Bullets.

For now the 300 win mag ammo will remain in the same brass as the ABM. This may change when and if Lapua makes 300 win brass again. I think this is a good possibility.

The new Berger ammo line will be sold in Cabela's and other big name sporting goods stores.

I am surprised you guys didn't know all this, where ya been. ;)

Jeff

mt100gr.

WKR
You're living right, sir. I'm glad you still find time to chime in around here. Good stuff always.

choovhntr

WKR
I’ve been following and calling every month on this issue since last July. Could never get a straight answer from anyone. Thank you Jeff for sharing the components they will most likely be using. They told me it would be the same as the abm. Looks like it won’t. I’ve been given the “two weeks” shcpeel for a long time now on those 215’s. I think they like you better than me and I don’t blame them hahaha. Anyway they say production is under way and I’m guessing they are building inventory since they are gonna go main stream with the stuff. I just hope it stays as good as it was and that I can get my hands on some before next season. Hey Jeff you wanna sell me about four boxes?

robie

WKR
I talked to a lady at Berger and was told Mid Q2 of this year for boxes to start shipping. Hopefully that is May, which is the same month my new .300 WM comes in.

Broz

WKR
I’ve been following and calling every month on this issue since last July. Could never get a straight answer from anyone. Thank you Jeff for sharing the components they will most likely be using. They told me it would be the same as the abm. Looks like it won’t. I’ve been given the “two weeks” shcpeel for a long time now on those 215’s. I think they like you better than me and I don’t blame them hahaha. Anyway they say production is under way and I’m guessing they are building inventory since they are gonna go main stream with the stuff. I just hope it stays as good as it was and that I can get my hands on some before next season. Hey Jeff you wanna sell me about four boxes?

I do think they are using the same recipes as far as dimensions and velocity. I doubt any ammo company uses the same exact powder all the time. I am of the personal belief that it will always be a blend to match burn rates. The change to Lapua brass I view as a very big plus. I would not expect any accuracy loss there, and bullets will be the same.

I did not wish to imply big changes, just some change. I for one am really looking forward to the new box and we will test it against the old if we have any left.

I also would expect a possible price drop as it enters the big store market. That would be cool, but is just an assumption.

As for lead time on my order. Well, it was about a year. Their move was not as smooth as they would have liked, and actually other orders were filled before mine. My order was as a normal customer , just probably larger than most as we will feed this to several hungry rifles.

Jeff

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Well this is good new! I'm excited to see how my 300 WM. likes them. My buddy hopes they make some for his 7MM but I guess we will see. Thanks for the news.

choovhntr

WKR
I do think they are using the same recipes as far as dimensions and velocity. I doubt any ammo company uses the same exact powder all the time. I am of the personal belief that it will always be a blend to match burn rates. The change to Lapua brass I view as a very big plus. I would not expect any accuracy loss there, and bullets will be the same.

I did not wish to imply big changes, just some change. I for one am really looking forward to the new box and we will test it against the old if we have any left.

I also would expect a possible price drop as it enters the big store market. That would be cool, but is just an assumption.

As for lead time on my order. Well, it was about a year. Their move was not as smooth as they would have liked, and actually other orders were filled before mine. My order was as a normal customer , just probably larger than most as we will feed this to several hungry rifles.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I keep an eye out for your review and thoughts on it when it comes out.

OP
R

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Well I ordered some Berger 215 grain hybrids from midway usa about a month ago, and they are still on backorder. I'm kind of curious of how long it will be before I get my hands on them.

Laqua3030

FNG
Good news!!!! Berger ammo is hitting shelves. I ordered a few boxes of 300 Win Mag from Brownells last night. They are listed as in stock. I found them in stock on a couple other websites also. Midway shows they will receive them 10/10/18.