Testing the new Cooper Firearms Open Country Long Range rifle

Jardo

WKR
I'm new to these magazines as well but I think the mag length is specific to the bottom metal and you might be stuck with the 3.56" magazine. I could be wrong and I will check with Cooper this week to see what they say. If anyone else has any thoughts please chime in.

How far off the lands is your eld-x load. Were you able to feed these through the magpul magazine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
How far off the lands is your eld-x load. Were you able to feed these through the magpul magazine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did not calculate the distance off the lands with this rifle. Once I started playing with length I loaded rounds at max length for the magazine (3.635") and worked shorter until I found a length that shot well. The length I settled on was 3.615". SAAMI length is 3.600". At my final length there is a lot of a 220 grain bullet in the case which helped a little with load densities and velocity variation. I would have preferred to load this a little longer in order to play with seating depth to see if I was missing a sweet spot with this load.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
pic-09.jpg

Josh's review is live.

Cooper Firearms Open Country LR Rifle Review

Last edited: