AK moose hunt in late September Muzzy Stringer Bus cut or Iron Will?

talonone

FNG
Heading to Alaska in late September for moose. Second moose hunt but no shot on the first. I'll be shooting a 525 gr arrow at 270 fps. Both the Iron Will and 4 blade Stinger buzz cut are grouping with the field points. I'm torn -- the iron will is a tougher head with thicker blades but the cutting area is slightly smaller. The Magnus is slightly larger, the cutting angle is sharper and the price is significantly less. I can buy 3 of the Magnus for 1 of the Iron Will. I leaning toward the Magnus but I don't won't to regret being "cheap" and going with the Magnus and regret losing an animal that I might gave killed if I went with the Iron Will

I personally don't think you need the absolute strength of the IW head vs the Magnus. I know of many dead moose which were killed by very average broadheads, and I have never seen a decently good broadhead fail on a well hit moose. The IW is a good head by reputation, but so is the Magnus. I really think it's more of a mental thing vs practical. In this case I don't think the extra money is buying you a more surely-dead moose. Now that said...

I'm not much of a fan of serrated heads on animals with very thick, dense hair. I know from experience serrations cut really well. I also know they grab hair due to their aggressive cut. It's not a huge thing but...all in....I would always prefer a non-serrated blade for moose with their very heavy hair and thick hide. I always think 'maximum penetration' when it comes to these huge animals. Will the Buzzcut work? I'm certain it will...just stating how my thoughts run. Best of luck on your hunt. I'll be in the bush in a week......