Another Great Moose Season.

Wildwillalaska

Lil-Rokslider
This is my 3rd consecutive year enjoying the same moose camp out of Kotzebue on a little strip my father in law built back in the early 80’s. Dicey place to land at best, but Northern Air Trophy always gets us safely in and out.

3rd consecutive year with 3 consecutive beautiful bulls. This old gent went 61.5” and wore three distinguishing drop tines that I love. We had a bull that stalled 800 yards out as we lost light the night before and surprisingly was not to be found the next day that was legitimately huge, upper sixties and super long paddles—but this guy was just too cool for me to pass up. He came into under 150yards three different times, just posturing and grunting continuously. I was well hidden on a large rock outcropping so he would finally tire of not seeing his desired lady friend and start to leave, then another couple calls, he was right back. Got some relatively poor quality but cool iPhone video, including him shaking water off his hide like an oversized soaked Labrador. End of the day, could not have been happier.

Great trip with a wonderful hunting partner, my father-in-law, who luckily keeps getting proven wrong when he says this is likely his last Kota trip. He’s still a huge help butchering, but after doing my bull, he decided he didn’t want to shoot one himself and we flew out for town a day earlier than intended. Dropped him just under a mile from camp, but packing all of the bull uphill and some waves of thick willows to navigate made it feel a lot longer at times—but always feel great to get one back to camp the same day and accomplished to do it yourself.

Well—having issues uploading photos tonight, so will make another attempt tomorrow, sorry.

Thess87

WKR
Awesome sounds like you are absolutely living my dream lol. Look forward to the pictures

mcseal2

WKR
Congrats! I got my first AK moose this year, I understand what you mean about the pack outs. They hurt but are worth it.