Effords experiences

Trial153

WKR
From what I gathered on my trip last week, was that this year is the last year for Woodland Caribou for a while. I could be wrong, but that is what I thought I heard when I was back at lodge of my outfitter. If it is still on, get at it while you can. It doesn't seem like a very stable situation with them right now.
From what i was told yesterday they are closing the season on caribou on the north western peninsula only. The interior herd is stable or slightly growing in a couple units. As of now i am still on board for both a caribou tag and moose tag. Should be a fun and challenging bowhunt hunt.

For what it's worth I have also been hearing of very low moose numbers on the northwestern peninsula as well. Anyone booking hunt in that area needs to do some due diligence.

FSUHUNTER

FNG
I'm booked with Effords for 2019 and seen the same posts you probably did. I messaged alot of members on here and got positive reviews. I was originally booked for the lodge hunt but I am going to switch to the fly in. The only negative reviews I got we're guys that did the lodge hunt and consensus was that the success percentage was really skewed to represent the fly in and there was alot of hunting pressure on the lodge hunt.
Me and my brothers are hunting with Effords in 2019 as well. Would be interested in speaking with anyone else going with him this year, just to get their thoughts and see where they're going and what week.

Tjwjr89

FNG
Me and my brothers are hunting with Effords in 2019 as well. Would be interested in speaking with anyone else going with him this year, just to get their thoughts and see where they're going and what week.
We'll be hunting September 27 through October 4th. I believe we're flying into Cochran's pond.

FSUHUNTER

FNG
Guys, just wanted to update you. Had a blast on our trip. All 4 of us filled our tags. I'll write up a full story later, but here's some pictures. We did the trophy hunt with bob efford. My guide was Tyler Chubb and i can't say enough good things about him.

Attachments

• IMG_4372.jpg
    IMG_4372.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4504.jpg
    IMG_4504.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4511.jpg
    IMG_4511.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4535.JPG
    IMG_4535.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4539.JPG
    IMG_4539.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4541.JPG
    IMG_4541.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 39

Trial153

WKR
Guys, just wanted to update you. Had a blast on our trip. All 4 of us filled our tags. I'll write up a full story later, but here's some pictures. We did the trophy hunt with bob efford. My guide was Tyler Chubb and i can't say enough good things about him.

Looks good, glad to hear it worked out. It was good talking to you

GatorMike

FNG

How did your hunt go? Did you do Trophy or Fly in hunt? I am also from Florida and booked for 2020 and based on some of these posts I am a little concerned about the outfitter and the consistent posts about small bulls

FSUHUNTER

FNG
How did your hunt go? Did you do Trophy or Fly in hunt? I am also from Florida and booked for 2020 and based on some of these posts I am a little concerned about the outfitter and the consistent posts about small bulls

Gator Mike, I'm from Orlando and just went up there with Effords this past september. Here's my post...also have the full hour long video on youtube "Newfoundland 2019 moose hunt"

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/my-newfoundland-moose-hunt-2019.143806/#post-1359580