Archery Shiras

BAKPAKR

WKR
Congratulations! That looks like a nice bull - it is much larger than my Idaho archery bull from many years ago.

FYI - I favor Moose Drool.

OP
B
Sorry for the delay in posting, work has been crazy!

I decided to apply in Idaho after 13 years of applying in my home state of CO. The $3 application debacle and 400% decrease in draw odds finally pushed me over the line. I chose a unit with better draw odds, in part due to Grizzly bears, wolves, and declining moose numbers and lesser trophy quality and relatively low hunter success (About 50%). Wouldn't you know it I drew my first year of applying! With expectations of adventure and exploring new country, if I were able to tag a bull it would be a great bonus.

I took the family up for a scouting trip, I mean a Yellow Stone trip...if my wife asks ;) over the 4th of July. We explored the unit for several days without so much as seeing a moose track. With that thought in the back of my mind I ended up picking up an elk tag as we did see lots of elk. The long, agonizing wait for season dragged by. I decided to hunt the last week of September to try and catch both the Moose and elk in the rut, sure glad I did!

Story to continue next week.