NL moose hunting experience

wadej223

FNG
I returned from the rock this past Saturday from a moose and baited bear hunt. My hunt was with A1 Hunts in the Twin Lakes region during week 5. I managed to harvest a 6 point bull and black bear. My guide was great. He kept me engaged after tagging out by showing me his home town and ruffled grouse hunting. The camp went 6/7 on bulls. 5/6 had smaller racks with one dandy 12 point. The lodge and equipment were brand new and top of the line. The hunt was not super physical and would be good for people of any age/shape. Remote hunting areas are accessed via side by side. Once you arrive at the area, you walk in, set up and call. The food was good. I would not go as far as calling it gourmet. The best time to go is week three or four. From what I understand most of the bulls harvested are 6-10 points with some really nice ones sprinkled in. Pictures of my animals (including bacon wrapped grouse) are below.

IMG-0079.jpg81673.jpgIMG-0075.jpg

Many congrats on your success!! That is wonderful to hear that they went out of their way to show you around their town. That is good stuff indeed. You truly got an experience worth the investment!