Drew Montana Unit 111-50

Hey guys, I just found out today that I drew the one nonresident tag for unit 111-50! I have a week to get the license purchased and I am feeling very overwhelmed. To be honest, I was really just trying to build bonus points and never expected to get drawn.

I'm coming from Alabama and I'm thinking I will probably need to hire a guide. What do you guys think? Any suggestions on best time to go, etc?

I still haven't decided on whether I will go archery or firearm. This could easily be the only moose hunt I ever go on.

Any ideas, help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats! I don't know the unit, but I would suggest going at the end of September to hit the rut so you can locate them by calling.

Regarding archery or rifle, it totally depends on your goals. If you absolutely don't want to eat tag soup, take the rifle. If you really just want an archery moose with the risk of eating your tag, take the bow.

EastMT

WKR
Congrats! I've hunted them with my father up by Eureka but not Tally Lake. Most resident never draw one so take advantage of it for sure

You don't need to hire a guide at all I live in kalispell there is tons of public land and plenty of moose in that unit just lots of glassing in the morning and calling during the day