Don't get pissed off

Spent many years wandering around ONP, and it’s still one of my favorite places. Unfortunately the park’s attitude has always been that the goats are a nuisance. I am pissed that they’re no longer going to be a part of the landscape. But read a bit further and it looks like RMGA is on board and this will help to bolster native populations in the cascades. My biggest concern is the ones they’re planning on killing that they won’t be able to airlift. Hopefully RMGA keeps the pressure on and these amazing animals don’t go to waste and rot on the side of the mountain.

Jimss

WKR
That's a bummer! The same thing is true in RMNP in Colo. Any goat that wanders into RNMP are shot from helicopters. Goats are a fantastic addition to the high alpine country in Colo. It's a shame they are treated like 2nd class citizens! What's really weird is there are brook trout and other exotic species in RMNP that the national park doesn't eliminate. I'm not sure what resources are available that prove that goats are not native to Olympic but hopefully that is true?