Hide and skull shipping rates

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
My dad and I were lucky enough to get a couple nice billies up in BC in the Cassiar range this year. The service that picked up the capes/skulls for preparation, transport and shipping is charging $845 per goat. Would be shipping from BC to Kansas. Does that price seem in line with what others have seen or would expect to see?
Thanks.

choovhntr

WKR
Don't know if this helps but mine from Alaska to Ca. was around 450. This did not include tanning of the hide though. Shipping was 125 of that 450.

Jimss

WKR
I've shot several Alaska mtn goats the past few years. On Alaska Air it's been $60 baggage fee for a 55 lb box with skull, horns, life-sized cape, plus meat. I'd say $600 is outrageous for 2 goats!

Big338

FNG
I had to pay the same to transport across from BC, get hide ready to ship, and then ship it to OK.
Personally I thought that was a lot but what could I do. I shot the goat with 2 hours left in hunt and my outfitter didn’t have the time to prepare hide and skull or I could have brought it back with me on plane.

My dad and I were lucky enough to get a couple nice billies up in BC in the Cassiar range this year. The service that picked up the capes/skulls for preparation, transport and shipping is charging $845 per goat. Would be shipping from BC to Kansas. Does that price seem in line with what others have seen or would expect to see?
Thanks.
My gut hunch says that price is a bit steep. However, sometimes they have you by the short hairs and you don't have a choice. The costs that you are providing are a little indicative of what I paid to get 4 animals back from Africa. My suggest would be to just pay the price and move forward.