Idaho unit 39

Bjewell

FNG
Hello everyone I’m a new member. Me and some friends are planning on hunting mid October this year in unit 39 right around steel mountain. I’m looking for any input on things to look out for and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

That area is an a zoo. Like hard to find a place to park sometimes. Your main focus should be getting away from pressure.

Look for places with decent feed. A lot of that mountain you're talking is too rocky.

excaliber

WKR
It seems like all the Washington guys who didn't draw a tag in their state hunt in 39. I thought I was hunting in Washington state the last few years.

pumatom

FNG
Hello everyone I’m a new member. Me and some friends are planning on hunting mid October this year in unit 39 right around steel mountain. I’m looking for any input on things to look out for and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Huge unit should not be to hard to get away from the crowds

You'll still run into guys pretty deep in 39. There are a lot of motor bike trails that are heavily used as well. You can find a deer though with some work, harder to find a big one.

freebird

WKR
Have seen a few nice bucks up around Banner Ridge, its on the top portion of unit 39, actually for that unit thats where I've seen my biggest bucks.....but it is a extreme zoo up there, try to have fun and be careful.

HookUp

WKR
Just go, huge unit. Go places where ATV's or motorcycles aren't allowed or can't go and you wont see many people. Idaho hunters like their roads and trails.

JoeyP

FNG
How far out on trails do you typically see people? I'm eying a 4+ mile trail (each way). Seems like most people wouldn't be walking 8 miles - but maybe you have to get off the trails too.

brn2hnt

WKR
How far out on trails do you typically see people? I'm eying a 4+ mile trail (each way). Seems like most people wouldn't be walking 8 miles - but maybe you have to get off the trails too.

What kind of a trail? Foot or dirt bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People like trails. I avoid them. Especially those with a trailhead.