2018 Mule Deer Meat Pole

71CJ5

FNG
My CO 2nd season buck. I glassed this guy bedded down 320 yds. away on a hillside above our camp the afternoon of opening day. I didn't dial up my scope enough and shot a bit low but found him 45 minutes later. Since I was holding out for a mature buck, I almost passed on the opportunity since he didn't look as big or unique through my binos....glad I setup and seized the moment!! I'm still curious on what caused his antler trauma on his right side. Almost as if something was wrapped around the antler as it was developing.

1020181731a_HDR_zpsvrwaf6hs.jpg

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
My CO 2nd season buck. I glassed this guy bedded down 320 yds. away on a hillside above our camp the afternoon of opening day. I didn't dial up my scope enough and shot a bit low but found him 45 minutes later. Since I was holding out for a mature buck, I almost passed on the opportunity since he didn't look as big or unique through my binos....glad I setup and seized the moment!! I'm still curious on what caused his antler trauma on his right side. Almost as if something was wrapped around the antler as it was developing.

1020181731a_HDR_zpsvrwaf6hs.jpg

that is a cool looking buck.

Randy

Agreed! That buck is big all over. His body is so big that I almost didn't notice quite how heavy and wide he really. Congratulations to you and your wife TravKatQ.

TravKatQ

WKR
Agreed! That buck is big all over. His body is so big that I almost didn't notice quite how heavy and wide he really. Congratulations to you and your wife TravKatQ.

bluetick78, thanks! Yes he has a toad of a body and head on him. 32” wide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd season Colorado muley. First time hunting this unit and on a second choice tag. Also my wife’s first hunt. She was a perfect spotter before and during the shot, giving me ranges and the position of the deer. Pretty great experience we got to share! Unfortunately we did not fill her tag so next year she will be the primary shooter.

KkvBBCV.jpg

Last edited: