Colorado Mule first timer

Beanx033

FNG
Hi everyone,

I visited Colorado for the first time last year and saw a ton of deer. Having only hunted Minnesota or Wisconsin for the last 20 years, I thought it was time to switch it up and give Colorado Muley a try. Having been a silent observer to this site, I thought I would finally post.

We are going 3rd season rifle in zones 9, 19, and 191. I would love to hear any and all of your opinions, best practices, strategy (specifically to our area and in general), etc.

Thanks.

Homeradam

FNG
I grew up hunting this area and still travel back and hunt it. Unit 9 is primarily private land. Unit 19 has a fair amount of private land down low and the remainder can be tough to hunt with all the trees. Pingree Park is fairly popular in unit 19. I personally hunt 191 in the Poudre Canyon.. Lots of deer but lots of hunters. The bucks are just meat bucks (small antlers, young animals). There are areas you can get to find larger mature bucks, but people keep those areas quiet. Concentrate your efforts in areas where you have to work to access such as areas where you need to cross the river.
If you dont want to mess with the Poudre, you can hunt Cherokee park on the Red Feather road. I've never hunted those areas but they do look good. Once again you'll be dealing with hunters so start early and get away from the road.
I'm also hunting the 3rd season. PM me and I'll give you a couple areas to look.

Lirwin

FNG
Hi everyone,

I visited Colorado for the first time last year and saw a ton of deer. Having only hunted Minnesota or Wisconsin for the last 20 years, I thought it was time to switch it up and give Colorado Muley a try. Having been a silent observer to this site, I thought I would finally post.

We are going 3rd season rifle in zones 9, 19, and 191. I would love to hear any and all of your opinions, best practices, strategy (specifically to our area and in general), etc.

Thanks.
I was just reading this post was curious how your hunt went I have this same tag for this fall this is my first time in colirado for mule deer hunting was wondering if you had any pointers.