Idaho Unit 55

Loco4dux

WKR
Little brother and I are headed to 55 last two weeks of the month. Work kept us from going for the opener.

Been e-scouting, talking to the biologists, etc etc and have a list of locations. Will have quad. Open to backpacking as well, will be equipped to do so.

If any Roksliders have experience with the unit in late October(or anytime really), please feel free to send me a PM or post up, I'd love to pick your brain and hear what you have to say. Deer behavior, people/pressure, and just general logistics of the area and the hunt. If there are any locals on here that see this - I'd love to run my list of possible hunting areas by you as well. Hopefully we are on the right track with our research.

Hope everyone is having a fun & successful hunting season!

Thanks,
Spencer

Calbuck

WKR
I’ve spent some time in that unit late October..was my experience that the larger bucks for the most part were not up high..we saw more better deer around the edges of ag fields in the sage and junipers. Again, this was my experience. We didn’t look much around City of Rocks on down near the Utah line. Spent some time on Connor ridge and between Elba and Burley on the mountain. We had an opportunity at a bona fide 28-30” buck but couldn’t get him on the ground.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've done the late hunt in 55 several times, but never in October. That late hunt is awesome though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk