Montana BMA pressure?

Heading to region 7 later this fall for a mule deer hunt, and per the advice of others, we reserved a BMA ranch, and then I got to thinking more about it..

What is the pressure like on those ranches? We won't be there until near the end of rifle season - have those ranches been pounded by a couple groups of hunters every day since the season opened?

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
From what I've researched that's a possible scenario. Might have to give up on the Iowa rut and head out earlier :). This is a hunt I've been researching for a while and might try next fall. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjgaw

Lil-Rokslider
I’m heading out there nov 1st as well. I had the same thoughts so I looked into the BMA’s which limit the number of hunters per day. I was lucky enough to reserve a BMA that is very large, and limits the number of hunters to 1 party per day. Figuring the pressure would be low for those reasons.

Also, most of these type 2 BMA’s seem to limit road hunting to the parking lots. If you’re willing to walk you should be able to get away from areas already burned up. Good luck

mtrecon

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt BMA in 7 every year and hardly ever see another hunter. I'm sure there's popular ones that are busy, but the limited access ones have proven great for us.

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
We're headed out in two weeks. We have no reservations anywhere but planned on hunting Type I's, State land, BLM, and maybe National Forest. I'm worried about pressure too. I talked to a biologist the other day that said it may be too late to try to find any openings on Type II's. That being said, there certainly seems to be enough public/BM land around to find a place without too much pressure. We are looking forward to it!!

Good luck!

OP
cornfedkiller
Might have to give up on the Iowa rut and head out earlier :)

I don't think thats happening! Haha

We're headed out in two weeks. We have no reservations anywhere but planned on hunting Type I's, State land, BLM, and maybe National Forest. I'm worried about pressure too. I talked to a biologist the other day that said it may be too late to try to find any openings on Type II's. That being said, there certainly seems to be enough public/BM land around to find a place without too much pressure. We are looking forward to it!!

Good luck!

Good luck! Let me know how you guys do!

Wapiti1

WKR
Just a comment on the Type 2 BMA's. Check with the fish and game station closest to you when you get out there. As people fill their tags, space opens on a first come first served basis at some of them since people no longer need their reserved spot. Sometimes there will be a sign in spot in town that has the list and a time to check it. Sometimes, the BMA opens a time to call to fill cancellations.

Has panned out for me a couple of times over the years.

Jeremy

jmez

WKR
Block management area. Private land that you can reserve for hunting. Cooperative program between game and fish and landowners.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk