Idaho or Montana

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
If I am able to financially afford to buy a small place in Idaho or Montana when I retire (5 or 6 years from now) to hunt (deer, elk) and fish (trout, salmon) where would I be better off? I've never been to either, but I've been reading about the Salmon, ID area and it does seem like a great area. I'd appreciate any feedback that you have.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
SteveCNJ

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Thank you, you're right from an intrinsic perspective. I'm wondering about the combinations of natural resources and anything I may not be taking into consideration.

Regul8r1

FNG
I live in Idaho and if I had a choice I would relocate to either Wyoming or Montana. Idaho is growing really fast.

OP
SteveCNJ

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Thank you for the Intel. To put things into perspective I lived most of my life in NJ which is the most densely populated State in the Country. I suppose even with some growth it would feel very uncrowded. Are areas such as Salmon growing as well or areas closer to larger cities?

FlyGuy

WKR
I was in Salmon last month. Beautiful country. Good sized town, not too big but big enough. Some of the nicest people I've ever met in my life.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk