2B youth deer

Cole97

FNG
Thanks to the ones that give info on 2B youth for my daughter. Just got back home to take my other daughter on another draw hunt in Oklahoma. While we were in 2B and glasses near and far and spent tons of hours behind the glass we were unable to find a mature buck. I’m sure they are there and props to those who found one. We hiked in upwards to 2.5 miles behind gates to get away from all the road hunters 3 days. She did click the safety off on a decent buck but was more interested in trying to match her mother’s mule deer from last year which is guna be a huge being he was over 200”. I’ve been hunting in NM a few times and figured I could turn up at least one mature deer for her but I was wrong. We saw a lot of elk sign and few bulls but even after the rain the deer sign was very spotty. Got in well before daylight and out well after sunset. Man they weren’t kidding when they said that unit was migration mainly. That’s an understatement. Hopefully with the snow happening and weather it’ll help all the ones in rifle season coming up. Thanks again for help tho guys.

Jeepers87

FNG
Rough hunt for sure, but time with your kid is well worth it. My father and I had a blast in 51 this past week elk hunting. Despite 3 encounters that were pushed off by guys on quads chasing the bugles, I wouldn’t trade that time with him for the world. Best of luck on the Okla draw! I’ll see if I can sniff something in 2B up I’m a few weeks for ya

-JP

Bobbyboe

WKR
Scouted 2b today. Saw 4 does and 2 coyotes. Got into some decent, seemingly new deer sign. We’ll see what tomorrow’s opener brings. The deer literally didn’t move until 20 minutes before dark.

OP
Cole97

Cole97

FNG
Ya most deer movement in 2B for us was seen during mid day while others were napping lol. Both daughters drew hunt by Ada okla. Saw 11 yesterday eve just no shooters. Oldest daughter drew again in Arbuckle springs and I drew McGee Crk first wknd in November for rifle deer and antelope in December. Lord willing we stack up some good ones here. Although my heart always longs for western hunting anytime I can do it wherever with my family it’s time well spent. Hopefully be back out west next fall chasing archery elk. Time will tell.