hunting high country bucks: muzzleloader vs. rifle

This year I'll be rifle hunting the same area I've hunted the past couple seasons with a muzzleloader. I've had good success getting it done with my muzzleloader during September, but I'd like to know what you guys would change, hunting now with a rifle in October (2nd season). The elevation I've killed during September has been 12,00 - 13,000. This is obviously covered in quite a bit a snow so the first thing I'll be doing is hunting somewhat lower. So some of my thoughts/questions:
1. How much snow do the bucks stay and live in before dropping lower? There's not supposed to be too much new snow during the season, so I'm hoping to get an idea of where to start.
1. Muzzleloader: I'd spot bucks in the open and by the cliffs, often moving late into the morning. Rifle: Will the bucks be moving in the openings much, or will I have to go in the timber to spot them?
2. Muzzleloader: The bucks would be in the same big valleys day after day. Rifle: with more pressure (general season elk hunters as well...) should I hunt the same drainages day after day if I spot some bucks, hoping they will stick around? Or is covering more ground better?
3. Do the bucks tend to hang out more in aspen groves, or the dark timber? And what ideas would you give to hunt either of these?

Lots of questions, any ideas are appreciated!

You may start by researching your unit's migration routes. Pick a few places along those routes, moving until you see decent numbers of deer. Don't get too hung up on what type of forest -Aspen vs Conifer etc. Bucks could really be anywhere that's secluded with good feed and nearby water this time of year. Amounts of snow probably won't be a factor since the deer have probably moved down out of the high basins already, and 2nd season weather seems to be reliably beautiful every year in Colorado. Maybe if there were more than a foot of snow on the ground in the transition areas it would speed up movement toward winter range? Pressure, especially in an OTC elk unit, will be more of a factor on deer movement than probably anything else. You shouldn't expect to see much action between first and last light, so glassing likely bedding areas far from the sounds of ATV's - all day long - will increase odds greatly. Same tactic you probably have used during muzzy season. Hope some of this helps, good luck.