Different states controlled hunts

freebird

WKR
What style of drawings do these states have? Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Wyoming, Utah, Montana and Colorado?
I personally love Idaho's method of choice for Controlled hunts and hope they never change.

BluMtn

WKR
Don't even consider Washington. It is the biggest joke there is when it comes to their hunting regs. we have 11 days to hunt deer and OTC spike only elk you have 9 days. IF you are lucky enough to draw a special deer tag you can draw a late whitetail or mulie tag. And IF you are even luckier you can draw a branched antler bull tag, but Washington's draw system is so flawed that it is not worth holding your breath for. I have been waiting 20 years to draw a branched antler bull tag and there are guys who are on their third or fourth tag. The other thing now is the wolves have severely reduced the number of elk in our mountains and the quality branched antler bull population has diminished by a lot. Does it sound like I am bitter, your right. Our game dept has turned into a bunch of little girls who most of them don't even hunt.

CorbLand

WKR
I am not sure what your asking but Utah has two different tag option. Limited Entry and General Season.

Limited Entry- Better units, longerish season, better dates. Takes forever to draw, I know a couple guys with 24 points for elk and cant draw. Half the tags go to the highest point holders, the other half are random.

General Season- Still have to put in. Not as good season dates or units.

For the love of all that is holy, fight your ass off to keep Idaho the way it is. Their system is amazing from an opportunity stance.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The writing appears to be on the wall though for Idaho's system. The legislature sees dollar signs in a point system. It's gonna happen eventually I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They have tried to ramrod a points system down our throat several times. Thus far we have been lucky to unite together as sportsmen to fight it off. Hopefully we will be able to continue the same system.

OP
freebird

freebird

WKR
I think if Idaho does try to go with a point system they will be sadly mistake on their dollar signs. They also might find themselves outta a job.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yep, I think it should stay the way it is. They're politicians though, they want their buddies to get the good tags.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk