Nevada Archery Mule Deer NR 0 points

S.Clancy

WKR
I'm looking at putting in for NR Archery mule deer in Nevada for 2019. I have 0 points, so mostly I'm looking at my best options for actually drawing a tag. After going through the 2017 draw stats, the units I'm looking at are 7, 10, 4, 14 and 15. Does anyone have any experience with the Nevada system at 0 points? I'm basically looking at drawing a tag and then hiking enough to find decent animals. Thanks for input.

I don't. But I do know how their draw works and I would apply for a better tag with my first couple of choices and then with my last 3 choices apply for the 7, 10, etc hunts. Since Nevada looks at all 5 choices on an app before looking at the next persons app it doesn't hurt to go for a home run with a couple of choices.

Regards, Branden

2blade

WKR
Personally, I would put in in exactly the order you have them as well based on what I think will have the best quality of animals.

NYSKIER

WKR
Be prepared for hot weather and it some units a horse or a good truck ready for some offroading we put you at a significant advantage. Also there is a second draw that's how I go picked last year so if you don't get it at first try don't give up.

Trial153

WKR
Just be mindful about drawing a tag that you can actually hunt on... what I mean by that is sometimes there is danm good reason why you have a chance at drawing.

Gr8bawana

WKR
Your best odds of drawing as a non-res with 0 points are in 10 and 7. Like NYSKIER said be prepared for some hot weather.
Good luck to you.

Be prepared for hot weather and it some units a horse or a good truck ready for some offroading we put you at a significant advantage. Also there is a second draw that's how I go picked last year so if you don't get it at first try don't give up.

Water may be your biggest issue in some units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
Agree with the person above who said to apply for areas in the order you list. If your application # comes up in the lottery, your first choice will be screened and if tags are still available you'll get that area, if not then choice #2 and so on down the line. Read maps, there's water eufficient even during drought years, for the animals that is, but you will have to pack plenty of potable.

nv_hunter

FNG
We were really dry last year and I haven't been too impressed with our winter so far this year. Apply in the order you want to hunt since the draw system looks at all five hunt choices. Some biologists have flown post- season deer surveys but spring deer flights aren't for another month or so. Season setting will be taken up next friday and Saturday at the commission meetings

sneaky

"DADDY"
I drew a NV archery tag in 114 last year with 0 points. I used gohunt.com and followed their strategy/advice and got lucky
I hate you lol. That was MY tag . Did you leave one for me at least?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Probably what I'll eventually get, but I've got some good recipes for that. Sriracha fixes a lot of things.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

looking at a similar situation this year, first time putting in for the draw and trying to figure out how to go about it. Not sure what I don't know yet!