Utah South Slope, Bonanza/Vernal 2019

ztreat

FNG
I've never hunted out in Utah before and I wanted to give this general deer tag a shot with a buddy from Oklahoma in 2019. I drove through the area in November 2018 and thought it was super cool country. Not looking for specific locations or details (I find the digital/in-person scouting to be a fun part of the adventure). Just wanting to have a general discussion. I was also wondering if bringing an ATV along would be worth it. Coming from Missouri, I try to come out with the minimum amount of stuff so I can focus on hunting more than messing with all the extra comforts.

Calcoyote

FNG
Sorry to say that I don't have any info to pass along but I purchased a preference point this year and am taking a long hard look at the Vernal unit. Very interested in that unit.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I'll tell you it's probably not the unit I would choose if I was coming from out of state. There are definitely deer in the unit, but the density is super low. It's a tough hunt for sure. Not impossible, but it would be more worth it in my eyes to try for a better opportunity state, and build points for a quality unit in UT.
But if you want a challenge and don't mind a chance of tag soup, don't let me stop you!

Just my opinion though. Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions!