Frank Church Mule Deer Hunt

hjcruger

FNG
Hi, folks. Earlier in the fall I posted on here asking about scouting for mule deer and hunting in the Frank-Church. I got some good advice, and I really appreciate that. In early October, I put a deer on the ground 8 miles from the trailhead in the Frank-Church, and I wanted to share a photo-essay that I wrote about the hunt here, but many of the pictures won't upload. In lieu of posting the photo-essay in a thread, here is a link to the post. It is largely geared toward non-hunters, as one of my primary goals in life is to teach non-hunters what our lifestyle is really about, but I think folks here might appreciate it, too. Hunter Cole - Articulating the role that hunting plays in... | Facebook. The story is in the captions to the photos. Thanks for all the help and conversation you all provide on here. Have fun, take care, be safe, and shoot straight.

Congrats, man. I could tell where you were from the pictures. I also saw very small deer numbers in there, no bucks for me. Great job.

You'll find more critters elsewhere but the wilderness there is pretty neat also.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
Nice buck, good job! You are definitely a talented writer and I would love to hear more of your hunting stories!

Great job. You earned that buck.
The Frank holds a special place in my heart, even if it doesn't have the greatest numbers of game.

slick

WKR
Is there a way to see this without being on FB? Interested in reading it. That’s something I think our community as a whole could do a better job of, is educating the non-hunters.

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
Great story way to describe it. I can definitely relate to feeling guilty for leaving a hunt early.

OP
hjcruger

hjcruger

FNG
Is there a way to see this without being on FB? Interested in reading it. That’s something I think our community as a whole could do a better job of, is educating the non-hunters.

I believe you can view this post without having a Facebook profile. Did you try clicking the link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Ahhh.. yeah I had clicked the link but not on the pictures. Appreciate it.

Very nice write up. I think a lot of guys have had the same argument with themselves when they are in the woods and nothing is happening. I always feel that I should be getting something done at home or spending time with the family rather than hunting.