Mule Deer - what books to read

coyyota

WKR
Suggestions for books on mule deer and mule deer hunting for new to mule deer guy, specifically for bowhunting. Guessing Robbie Denning’s book will be one, what are some other recs?

bohntr

WKR
Robby’s is good.....so is David Long’s. But specifically for bow hunting, I would get Dwight Shuh’s Book on Bowhunting Open Country Mule Deer. MUCH better than anything Cam is put out, IMO.

Trial153

WKR
Roobys book is a good read.
Dwights is a classic, I have read it 10 times over the years..

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I enjoyed David Long's new book " The Edge" I also have his other book. I have read the Eastman books a couple times but like Dwight's classic better. Never to be forgotten is obviously an autographed copy of the man myth the legend Robby Deming's it really was eye opening

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
There's alot of really good info in podcasts too! One thing to point out is that there's a few good books out there but the info doesn't apply the same to all places. Just be cognisant if that and you'll be golden.

jmden

WKR
Long's 'Public Land Mulies' and 'The Edge' (newest) and Robby's book are all good. Have read them all multiple times.

dano626

FNG
Mule Deer, Hunting Today's Trophies: Pursuing the Gray Ghost. Great read. You can find em used for much cheaper than what amazon shows it for. And while not directly Mule Deer related check out: Tom Browns Field Guide to Nature Observation and Tracking.