Sodak 2019?

Anyone have an idea of what draw statistics would look like next year for residents??

I have a whopping 1 point for east and west river.. east river i have two 5,000 acres properties, but it's unit 23.. 200 tags last year. Or go east river special but not sure one point would get it done there either.

Would rather hunt nw or sw corners west river but not thinking 1 point will get me much.

I ate a 53c whitetail tag this year (2nd draw) due to time constraints with an az elk hunt.

Wondering if anyone has thoughts. 2019 applications are coming up soon for other states (Alaska tomorrow), trying to formulate a plan.

Fatcamp

WKR
Who knows. Do you get landowner tags for the 5000?

Still not clear to me if the changes recommended will be implemented. If they are you might have a chance. Cubed points and only one choice in the main draw could really shake things up for a couple years.

• Banned
OP
N
According to the guy on the fish and game telephone the changes will be implemented.

It’s both of my brother in-laws that have the properties. Don’t think that helps me any. Saw some pretty giant mule deer while antelope hunting this year.

I guess i’ll Just Hail Mary 35a and pick up a second draw whitetail again.

Forgot to ask, will there be any changes for antelope or other species?

Fatcamp

WKR
I had friends draw 35a in 2017 with one.

Always archery for your relatives land.

I honestly think it's anyone's guess as to how the 2019 draw will play out. Lots of changes in a small amount of time. I think those high value Any Deer tags will still need two points to draw, but in some of the lesser units that don't have the reputation of say 35L it's really anyone's guess. No one knows where people will put that first choice when they have to decide.

Other than cubing points I see no changes to antelope and turkey, but I'm not looking. We hunt a low population unit that gives us decent odds no matter what so I don't pay much attention to antelope stuff. Attempt to kill a turkey with a bow again this spring.

KurtR

WKR
Moving the nr draw back to 4 th drawing now with the update to the draw change. I don’t think it’s going to work for the whiners on the east and west sides of the state as well as they think but might help people who know how to read draw stats and live in the less populated part.

Fatcamp

WKR
Non-residents still have an initial quota in the draw. They will be moved to the fourth draw for left-over tags if I understand it correctly.

I agree that those who can read draw odds will have some good opportunities over the next couple years.