I'll put you down as "first to complete!"

Thanks and glad you enjoyed.

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
54 pages in and still don't want to put it down. So far great job.

Robby, if I find errors would you like me to send them to you?

Clarktar, just saw this- yes! PM me any mistakes so I can tease my highly-paid editor :)

Glad you're enjoying. My personal opinion is the book is better toward the end as there's more buck hunting stories, but that's just me. Thanks

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I just spent the last hour reading the Amazon preview. Good job. I am going to purchase a copy. My dad, 86, should really enjoy it as well (after I read it of course). I just started hunting two years ago after a long lay off and not really sure what type of deer I got the last two seasons. My dad thinks it might be some type of Mule deer/blacktail mix. I have never been a "big deer" hunter, and the first time I ever even hear of a "Boon and Crockett" was two years ago when a friend said I should have my bucks scored. Your book has really spiked my interest in hunting "big Mule Deer." If what I am hunting is a mule deer, they sure are beautiful animals.

Gar
Thanks for giving it a try Gar. I think you might find my definition of a "Big" mule deer refreshing. Although I love record book bucks, I've learned over the decades and have had a lot of experienced mule deer hunters agree, there are other characteristics that make a big mule deer besides just score. I firmly believe that a buck with 240" rack is no smarter than a 4x4 of the same age living in the same unit and both are equally tough to kill.

jestanw1

FNG
I was able to finish this book in less then 24 hrs after it arrived at my door. This is an awesome book and I learned a lot from it. I've read most of the mule deer books out there and this one had information in it that I have not seen in the other books. It really showed how and WHY you have success killing big mule deer. Your attention to detail while hunting is amazing and shows me that I need to work on that aspect of my hunts. Great read and great book. If being 3 weeks out from the opener didn't spark a fire, this book surely will. Excited to try out the things I learned from it. 2 thumbs up!!!

weaver

WKR
Blew through my copy in 2 evenings. Great job on the book Robby! Really enjoy you're writing.
Also loved all the pictures.

Going to read it again at a little slower pace and try to soak up everything.

Would highly recommend.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
ah cool guys. Thanks for the feedback. Can't believe you can read 70,000+ words and 274 pages that fast.

Also, MuleyFever asked about a Q&A thread where people could ask about things, get clarification, etc. GREAT IDEA!! Give me a few days to get some other projects wrapped up and I'll get one up.

If you guys are inclined, any honest reviews on Amazon are super helpful too. Thanks again for your interest.

strictlyRUM

Lil-Rokslider
Been cruising through mine as I get time. Going to take it with me to Idaho in 4 more weeks. I'll use it to keep focused. Unit 44 will be my best shot so far at the "biggest buck of my life.". Thanks Mr. Denning!

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
I'm about half way through it right now and might hit a standstill for a bit since we just welcomed our first baby into the world last night. The book has been an amazing read so far with some great information. It has the perfect balance of science, hunting stories, and real world examples detailing everything you need to know. Once I am done I will get back on Amazon and give it a great review so people looking for a good hunting book will know where to find a great one!

GBTG

FNG
Robby,
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and keeping the book reasonably priced.
Thanks,
Dave

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys!

GBTG, glad you like the price and is why we went soft cover as trying to go hard cover without a big publisher backing me would have put it in the $50 range.

StrictlyRUM, good tag to have and glad you're enjoying the book. In that unit, I'd apply the subchapter "The One Thing." to make sure I took the best buck possible out there.

RamDreamer, thanks and congrats on the new baby! That's a trophy in-and-of-itself right there. Would greatly appreciate the Amazon review. I'm a "little" guy in the hunting world and it's hard to compete without some honest reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.