Idaho Success!

OP
S

strictlyRUM

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. It was definately a hunt of a lifetime. I trained harder than I have before and even though I knew it wasnt the most physical hunts I trained more for that 10th day decision. Knowing that I only had 10 days to hunt before school started I didnt want to come back. I also have meat in the freezer and know the type of buck that is possible with that unit so I was ready to eat my tag for the first time ever. I passed up bucks bigger than anything I have shot before and felt good passing up the 700 yard shot even though I have made that type of shot a dozen times on animals. This was about a special experience and I wanted to make it more than my average harvest.

On a side note I ran my rough numbers through the boone and crocket interactive calculator on the website and came up with a number much higher than I imagined. Anyone have any guesses? The picture is fairly deceiving. The general shape of the rack is also. He has an outside measurement of 30 inches even and 20 inch G2s. He will be measured much more accurately from the Taxi he is at now so I am still thinking I must not know what I am doing. But he is 30 inches wide and 28 inches tall. Guesses?

What an epic hunting story and your work really paid off! I was fortunate enough to draw a unit 44 tag in this year’s second drawing. Making the trip the last part of October and it is already occupying my thoughts on the daily. Any suggestions on the type of country to focus on? I am assuming they will be moving out of the higher country by that time of the season.

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Grew up in Wendell. Been in that area many a times, leave it at that. Good mains, short fourths tho. Who cares what it scores, great buck. Your in the the 1% club now. NO one would pass that up. Need to change your tag name to One Swigging Richard now. BOOM!!!!!